Cheap paint trick without equipment

GoldenMotor.com

3turncarby

Jun 28, 2010
Australia
I've been using this cheap method for many years...usually arisol-cans costing aus}$40 for primer, gloss black,clear gloss...in this example. I forgot to seal the primer as I was not sanding what was left-off as the MTB-frame needed it and instead did-3-grays-3-blacks-3-clear coats and this without heat-lamps and being winter I await for a day for curing before each stage and without hanging-racks on doing it outside my unit on a goat-hanger...depending-on-if the paint has gone-off or that the frame has wear scratches and marks on it, as primer saves time rather than using auto-puddy. The brand name of this paint is "Motospray" in Aussie. I'm doing two frames being both bought as complete bikes for $20 each... one chromolly shogun and the other unknown steel frame...one is my replacement frame (guess which one?) and the other another motorized bike build.

3turncarby auflg

Last edited:

bicycle bill

Aug 22, 2010
portland oregon
another nice little tric is after you lay your primer coat lay down the pinstripe coat after that completly dries tape out your pinstripes with the tape you get from the auto supply houses then paint the top coat on and then pull off the tape to reveal beautiful pinstripes..leave a little loose on one end to be able to peal without messing up paint then top coat... William www.pedalpusherclassics.com

Last edited: