56 schwinn bfg board tracker

GoldenMotor.com

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
got some more work done to my bike. little stuff, but all i have to do now is make a tank, set up the chain tensioners, and drill some holes. then i can take it all apart for powdercoating

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
yeah well see what happens with the exhaust... i think the stock exhaust is gross looking, and the expansion chambers are even uglier :) if it doesnt work as is ill think of something else :)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yes. just wedge one crank arm in a vice or a hole or something, stick a big pipe over the other end, and bend it. one piece cranks are strong, they can take it. don't even bother heating it up. they're cold forged anyway...

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I remember riding an old 20-24" bike at the end of the fifty's w/the cranks bowed in ,thought I was riding too hard,At the time I figured the thing was shot so I put the tires on another frame and was off again.

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
not yet, im still dialing in the tank... then i have to set up my chain tensioners, then everything heads out to powdercoat for a nice thick coat of high gloss black. where abouts in portland are you? me and a few buddys are going to organize a motorbike rally race :)

JohnnyClash

Feb 16, 2010
Portland, OR.
I live in NE portland. you ever head down to the voodoo donuts on the first sunday of the month when everybody brings in their hotrods? pretty cool spot. I'd be into meeting up with your buddies when this thing is done. I had a 53 plymouth that was a 50's style custom and some other fenderless hot rods but money got tight and so did space so they had to go. I'm having a blast working on this little thing. let me know when you all meet up. i was planning on riding mine down to the voodoo thing when it's done and see if anybody even knows what it is.

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
ive been to the voodoo thing twice. not too far from my place. i know some of the guys who go on a regular basis. unfortunatly i have to work every frist sunday till june :(

im sorta taking a break from my truck to help the gf with her valiant wagon. so working on the bike helps me keep my sanity :)

JohnnyClash

Feb 16, 2010
Portland, OR.
I love those dodges! wagons too. i just had to get rid of my falcon wagon because i didnt have the room for it. super bummed. i traded it for a teardrop trailer that's fully dialed in with hook ups and all. good work on the truck, looks great. hit me up when you guys all meet up!