Cheap CDI Systems

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
There's not much need for a different CDI, the stock ones work just fine. It's the magneto coils that could use some help.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i imaging you might have a hard time getting them cdis to work on our engines. for one they are 12V and ours are 6V. second moped cdis usually use a trigger coil to time the spark and are 3 or 4 wire cdis. our cdis are 2 wire and use the reversal of the current from the magneto to trigger the spark

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There's not much need for a different CDI, the stock ones work just fine. It's the magneto coils that could use some help.
I concur. The kit CDI works perfect. There's no conclusive evidence that an alternative is superior in any way. Especially those high dollar items that supposedly offer timing changes. I submit that most anything else besides the kit supplied item only provides a placebo effect. And, getting them to work is questionable as well as not giving any performance gains.

Many of us have accrued thousands of trouble free miles using the original CDI.

Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I concur. The kit CDI works perfect. There's no conclusive evidence that an alternative is superior in any way. Especially those high dollar items that supposedly offer timing changes. I submit that most anything else besides the kit supplied item only provides a placebo effect. And, getting them to work is questionable as well as not giving any performance gains.

Many of us have accrued thousands of trouble free miles using the original CDI.

Tom
The kit CDI rarely fails and all the fast guys racing on the track use the
stock CDI in the 66 cc 2 Stroke Class.

The hop up CDI's have been tried and abandoned.
Believe me, if they gave any kind of performance gain the racers would be
using them.