cheap motorcycle racing leathers

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
got my suit a few weeks ago. i ordered all black, but the jacket came with a fancy reflective strip around it. yay.

comes with removeable knee, shoulder, elbow, back, hip, and forearm pads that fit inside, as well as some velcro-ed on knee sliders. the jacket and pants zip together, so you can at least take the jacket off after your race so you're not sweating to death. but it is ventilated, too, so it doesn't seem that hot...

thick pakistan leather, suede zipper covers, and overall, definitely worth 200 bucks.

the price of a good set of rector skateboard pads is about $100 for knee and elbows, so for an extra 100 you get all the rest, plus some nice leather to save the rest of your skin.

and, you look like batman.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you for the tip, bairdco!
The price is definitely worth it. I wish I could get one.
With an inseam of only 30" available though I would be wearing racing knickers. :(
Wouldn't that make for a good laugh at the track!
I need a 36" to 38" inseam.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
click on the store. they have hundreds of different styles and sizes. it was actually tough to get one with a size 30 waist. that's probably why mine has the reflective stripe on it. last one in stock or something.

for everyday use you'd look kinda goofy, though. i couldn't imagine rolling down by the beach on a wallyworld smoker at 25mph looking like you're ready for laguna seca...

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I all ready have that covered!
I would get a latex Batman mask to fit over my full face helmet!
Lookin' cooler than an ice cube in an igloo! ;)

I will check out the store though. If I ever do race, I don't want to shred my daily riding leathers.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
click on the store. they have hundreds of different styles and sizes. it was actually tough to get one with a size 30 waist. that's probably why mine has the reflective stripe on it. last one in stock or something.

for everyday use you'd look kinda goofy, though. i couldn't imagine rolling down by the beach on a wallyworld smoker at 25mph looking like you're ready for laguna seca...
Hey, then the cager would notice you, and that's a good thing.

If it wasn't so warm here, I'd wear BRIGHT colored racing leathers on my commute, lol.

I wear a RED chest protector, motorcycle helmet, gloves boots and knee/shin guards.

Cagers see me as goofy, but they see me.

I'm tempted to buy leathers.dance1