clutch cover has terrible cracks

GoldenMotor.com

Dnoces

Sep 8, 2011
United States
I have a motovelo 80 (66)cc engine only ran twice and i noticed the clutch stopped working, and since their kit didnt come with a kill switch, it continued to half contact the sprocket and im afraid i damaged something in the internal mechanism. The whole engine was pained black over all the screws, so it was difficult to pull the clutch cover off to begin with and i easily stripped the already butter soft metal. Because of the paint, I'm not sure when the crack happened, it doesn't stand out against the other scratches in the paint, but it leads from the bottom screw straight down to the edge.
I'm uncomfortable riding again until both the cover and the screws are relaced with higher quality metal. Does anyone have any suggestions for where i might find better parts?
Charging my camera atm, will post pictures tomorrow.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Which cover are you talking about? Right side or left? The left side is part of the clutch actuating system and needs all three screws and no cracks. The right side is not critical and will not cause any problems in running the engine. It's just a dust cover actually.
If I were you I'd contact the seller from where you got the engine and ask about a warranty replacement.
Tom