Roll-Down Auction Morini S5 E +Parts

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Ok, I gotta sell this, it's a lose-the-property tax lean I'm up against. I'll keep dropping the price on an Morini S5 E until you guys can't stand it anymore and it sells :)

Its a monkey bike motor, came with a straight pipe and silencer originally and a tiny 12 MM Delorto carb. The motor comes with an ITALJet pipe from a 4 wheeler, K&N type airfilter that's new, and 10 feet of 420 American Power Sports chain. With the pipe and a 14mm carb you can expect 4+ horse from this motor. You can even add the 3 shoe clutch if you want but the two shoe will handle the job nicely as it is.

So I'm at $250 now, $25 less than the first ad but you will have to check back, I'll just keep dropping it in this thread so as not to clutter this YardSale section.

:-||

Attachments

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
$200! Next time it goes down by $10 at a time...until I can't stand to sell it any lower. I paid $285 for the motor and $15 for the filter and I think $12 for the chain and $45 for the pipe shipped. So like that's $357 but like I said I won't be able to use it in Oregon...unless I build a pusher....trlrl.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I'll take it, I can't stand it anymore - :)

Yeah, I know I said I hate 2 strokes, but I never had a good one so I'll give it another shot with the best Italian stuff.

PM me your name and address and I'll have Bank of America send you a check.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
What the hey eh?

Get me one of those bare steel cruiser frames, braze on some mounting tabs and build me a custom. Already got one of those MM sprocket clamps sitting around here somewhere.

Build me a proper motorbike with a good motor and see how that goes.

I'm assuming that it runs right? Do you still have the straight pipe?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
very good motor mike, in a word ''smooth'' i got some parts so let me know if you need something... a deal you cant refuse so to say. dennis

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I need to tell you to put oil in the clutch. It was shipped to me dry so no oil could possibly leak out. There's a thread on what oil to use, Motul of a certain weight seemed to be the choice of them that knows.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
OK, so you dunno if it runs eh?

Woo-hoo, we're gonna have big fun!

Ah, all you need is spark and gas - :)

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Yeah, a bit of a gamble but I got a feeling....I think you got a better chance of it running than ANY Chinee kit. My luck was 1 out of 3 that ran, that's why I sold all the crap off and went to the Morini. If it wasn't for Oregon laws I'd still keep it but taxes and not being able to use it in the future...well, it had to go.

Tell you what, I'll throw in a roll of 1" wide white heat resistant header tape. You'll need some spray for the tape, get it at a good auto store or speed shop if you got one near you. Wrap it around the pipe where your leg might rub and at least you won't blister the inside of your leg. I'll look around, I think I have some sickbikeparts silicone tube for the exhaust tubing. There's a bunch of curves and straight places if you need to cut and fit the pipe. I had it figured on how to bend it around so it was way tucked up in under the frame, out of the way.

All I'm saying is yeah, I didn't run it. All I got is the word of the guy I bought it from on eBay that he took it off a running bike, that he got more parting them out than selling them intact and running...

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Cool, I'm good. I had 1 CG and that was enough for me.

I did some looking and that looks like it has a straight magneto and those things always work.

Carbs are easy too and a cast iron cylinder should last forever.

Not to mention that I really do need a kickstarter - :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Cool, I'm good. I had 1 CG and that was enough for me.

I did some looking and that looks like it has a straight magneto and those things always work.

Carbs are easy too and a cast iron cylinder should last forever.

Not to mention that I really do need a kickstarter - :)
Cool thing about these is I have seen on youtube many times people starting these motors with their hand, just grab the kickstarter and give it a shove. Many times they fire first try :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Did that come with the C-clamp? :D

That's a good buy.
Sure!! As soon as you can tell me how one clamp is going to hold that motor to the bike..... ;)

Speaking of holding the motor to the bike, the mounting holes are all on the backside of the motor. I was going to use like 5 steel tabs welded to the frame where you can make links...kinda...to connect things. I had planned to use all-thread with 6 nuts on each rod, two in the center of the lug to lock the rod in place. It's kinda hard to explain but linking the motor lugs to the tabs are flat aluminum bar with holes to bolt to the rods then the flat stock is locked in place with more nuts, like 50 total with 50 washers and 8 pieces of all-thread the right length. I had envisioned a lattice/grid work-looking mount. I thought it would be solid enough to work with this output motor.

Another option is to check out other heads with different mounting holes in the head. Because of the angled sparkplug this head can't be turned 180*...well, maybe it can. Treatland has a good selection of heads for many different motors and the bolts line up better than when I put a Puch head on a BGF POS, you have to drill the holes in the head out bigger to get it to fit the bolt spread. Heck, I even had some thought on putting a wethead on it :)

edit: what the heck was I thinking, the head is symmetrical with a centered sparkplug. moving that lug to the fron of the motor spreads the load better, I think. For sure the mount needs a lot of thought.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Got the check, motor will be on it's way tomorrow.

Thx, Mike :) .shft.
Cool, you're welcome, looking forward to it! First thing, I'll make up some "quicky" mounts and attach it to a board and get it running.

Then I'm thinking an SBP shift kit and welding mounting tabs on the plate and using it with a 3 speed rear hub. That should make my chain alignment problems and motor mounting issues pretty much go away.

I'm looking forward to playing with my bandsaw & welder - :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Mike, I was sick from a diabetic problem I have, ketoacidosis, and couldn't make it to the Post Office :( I felt well enough to go to the PO annnnnnd...I was an hour late. 29 pounds of box, give or take. I'll get it done Monday....

Look for this in your mail :)

edit: removed photo

Last edited: