poster caption again

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I tried to find the old thread but I couldn't probably staring me int he eye. So anyway do you have any ideas for this one.

I'm going to have to re shoot it but this is my composition work in progress shot.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
actually I'm 59,I went with g'pa 'cause of the wash bowl and pitcher,,,we had indoor pluming ,but gran-pa lived in Holden and the water was brought in

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

This is still in progress but I thought it might help someone come up with a caption. It is NOT a color photograph lol.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Looks like some color got on it,lol,,,Fresh'en up at "Motel 6",,,lol,,,Big dance tonite.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Deacon, that was my Grandparents house. The water in the pitcher was not hot.

A few times we broke the ice in the morning. If I could I'd go back just to enjoy them one more time.

Steve.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Thought I might just do a little update on the poster hobby. I decided that i wanted to get a new camera just for this project. Well not really new. I have bid on a 1950's polaroid rollfilm camera. Actually on the 700 version. It is a huge thing. I have a few of the same size but not of this particular version. It was one of the very earliest. It did have one little upgrade. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200451606804&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

To make this old camera usable I have to make a special film pack. When I do, i will be able to shoot a 3.5 x 4.5 negative, which is a monster. but alas there is one draw back. The camera can only take one shot at a time without really big time modifications. I decided that I don't want to modify another one. I want to set it up a way to use it as is.

I can make a film pack that can be loaded into the camera in daylight, but I can't take it out of the camera unless it is dead dark. So I can either go out and shoot just one image then go back to the lab to remove it, or I can buy a changing bag, which would allow me to put the camera in a black bag and take out the film, slide it into a black envelope then load another film pack into the camera in daylight.

So here is the rub, I didn't want to pay twenty bucks for a changing bag. The bag is really made like a tee shirt with no head opening. the bottom of the tee shirt has a zipper. One puts their hands through the sleeve opening then does what they have to do inside the body of the shirt.

So I took a xl sweat shirt. I sewed up the neck opening and plan to use it. I will put the camera and black envelope inside the shirt then fold it over and secure it with a couple of clothes pens. Reach my arms through the sleeves and do my thing. If I had bought the sweatshirt for this project, i could have got it for three bucks at the second hand store.

So i saved a few bucks, but more importantly I figured out a way to use something I had laying around to do something I needed to do. To me that's the fun part of projects. Not only that someday a character in one of my books will do the same.

Last edited: