Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Scotto the bike came out better than I could of imagined. I know it is a race bike with function as the main point but, what do you think about clearing the natural fininsh of your tank like CCC did on his white ALDYNO bike? Also you know I have little knowledge with 4-strokes, do all 4-strokes have fuel pumps? Or is that a performance upgrade?

You have out done your self buddy!

dnutdnutdnutdnutdnut

This bike gets 5 out of 5 donuts

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Oh, no! I forgot the 4 stroker v 2 stroke division :p

See? More classes needed. Thing is they mostly can be run together, then it's a scoreing problem.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Keith, I'm also very happy with the way it's shaping up. The tank hasn't even been welded up yet.....I'll either give it the natural raw satin brush or polish it highly chrome looking finish. Unfortunately I don't have the airbrush skills that Jeff (CCC) has so I'll have to finish it a way that I know how and like and maybe a clear coat if I go high polish......hey, what can I say?

The fuel pump was an addition for constant fuel supply I've been needing with the tiny weed whacker test tank I've been running......4's are normally gravity feed like 2-strokes.....this engine is pretty thirsty lol.

Tell Chuck that I'm sorry I can't make the ride tomorrow.....I am and have been swamped this past month. Have a great ride tomorrow and say "hi" to all for me!

L8r's.
scotto-

Scotto the bike came out better than I could of imagined. I know it is a race bike with function as the main point but, what do you think about clearing the natural fininsh of your tank like CCC did on his white ALDYNO bike? Also you know I have little knowledge with 4-strokes, do all 4-strokes have fuel pumps? Or is that a performance upgrade?

dnutdnutdnutdnutdnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looks....not functionality and performance. I just really like the looks of in-frame tanks or the frame too be made into a tank, but that is always a nice option. I love all the options and it stems creativity as well.

dnut

That's gonna be a sweeeeeet bike!! (I love Felts!)
Why not just go for a 'keg' tank behind the seat? (^)

jonboy2five

Jul 23, 2008
spring tx horth suburb of houston
scotto, i understand you built the jackshaft to line up the motor perfectly, but how far off would it have been to use the cvt output to drive the rear sprocket directly? i am thinking of using the predator 99cc with either a cvt or j/s, but not both...thanks

Samford&Son

Apr 26, 2011
Riverside, Ca
THAT BIKE'S LOOKING MEAN SCOTTO!!! Cant wait to see you doing wheelies on the track. how many classes are you planning on racing? i hope to still race against you in the "Mid" class. i might need to gear mine up a lil to keep up on the bigger straights at Grange.
see ya soon

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
THAT BIKE'S LOOKING MEAN SCOTTO!!! Cant wait to see you doing wheelies on the track. how many classes are you planning on racing? i hope to still race against you in the "Mid" class. i might need to gear mine up a lil to keep up on the bigger straights at Grange.
see ya soon
The Mid range Class and the 11 hp Class may have to be run together
at this race because there might not be enough entries in each class and
there also may not be enough daylight track time to fit everything in.

The classes can still be scored separately if we can get the scoring
done better than the last race.

As for that long 950' straight I would not count on gearing your
bike to take advantage of the length.

I am going out to the track on Friday for the first time to check it out.
The plan is to get there about 10 am. Everyone is welcome to come
and get some practice in on the track.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Jon, in order to run this engine with just the CVT, you'ld have to mount the engine over 2" to the right. This engine with the CVT mounted is 14" wide. As it is with the jackshaft on my bike, the engine is perfectly centered and the chain line is teets.

scotto, i understand you built the jackshaft to line up the motor perfectly, but how far off would it have been to use the cvt output to drive the rear sprocket directly? i am thinking of using the predator 99cc with either a cvt or j/s, but not both...thanks
see ya soon

Hey S&S, yeah, tis a mean machine lol. Well according to what Neil just posted above, I'll be running in the 50cc 4-stroke class and the <11HP gas classes. Was gonna run the mid-class on the tandem with Pat onboard as well, but I can't race two bikes at the same time in the same race.

We'll see what pans out I guess.....look forward too seeing you there also.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/img0652i.jpg/]
[/URL]

Got er up to 54mph yesterday......steady as a rock!

dnut

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
54? i have gone 52 on a road bike on a long downhill highway...VERY scary. also scotto if i use the predator 99cc and the agk j/s kit i am "expecting" a good chainline and 36mph. is that reasonable?
I've gone 62mph on my mtn.bike down Convict Lake Road up near Mammoth Mtn.......it was fun!

No problem at all I'm sure.

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

OK Keith, I see what you're saying. I can't make this tank look like that as ccc's is steel and colored from the heat of the welding, aluminum doesn't discolor like that so like I said, my tank will be brushed satin raw alloy or high polished to a near chrome finish.

To be welded....

I can visualize it, can't you?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Aluminum does not discolor per se.....I have a feeling this is gonna be bright, shiney polished aluminum when it's all said and done ;) Maybe just the sides due to laziness laff

dnut

If you lightly sand the discoloration and the rest of the tank you can polish the tank and it will look like polished stainless or even kinda chrome.

Last edited: