Qualitys when buying an expansion chamber?

GoldenMotor.com

justcruising

Mar 9, 2011
ontario canada
I've been looking into buying an expansion chamber for quite some time, but dont have access to online shopping, and since there is a bike shop thats 20 minutes away from where i live that sells bicycle engine kit mods, its my only real option. Heres the pipe the shop is selling (TUNED PIPE FOR 80cc ENGINE KIT - PIPE 004). Does it look funny to any of you(as in poorly crafted)? Do you think it would be worth the purchase?

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
i know a guy that has it and he swears by it but yes it does draw attention being a little less than twice as loud as a stock muffler which is ok unless its illegal in your area or you like to talk on the phone while riding lol

Jan 13, 2011
WEST MIFFLIN PA
Couldn't you use a public library to order. Daemon bikes has that pipe for 39.99 all their stuff is free shipping US & Canada (except northern territories) 9.99 for 36T sprocket, just ordered.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Daemon bikes parts aren't worth a flip. I bought my kit from there along with that same expansion chamber and it cheap trash. The welds were crumbling when I took it out of the box. Also, it was full of shavings. I gonna have to use my shopvac to get them all out. :( By the one from SBP(SICK BIKE PARTS)!!!!

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Daemon bikes parts aren't worth a flip. I bought my kit from there along with that same expansion chamber and it cheap trash. The welds were crumbling when I took it out of the box. Also, it was full of shavings. I gonna have to use my shopvac to get them all out. :( By the one from SBP(SICK BIKE PARTS)!!!!
ask yourself this...

was it daemon bike's quality that has metal shavings in it.

or was it the cheap chinese sweatshop that shipped it out with crappy welds and metal shavings in it.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
both. crappy welds and tons of metal shavings in the engine. especially around the cogs. :( i had to clean out my motor today and it over heats and dies. i have no clue now what the problem is. ive adjusted and tightened the choke, ive looked at the magneto, took the carb apart and cleaned it out.. these engines are beginning to make me think they are not eorth the hassle. i bet used is better than new..