Wheel/spoke problems

GoldenMotor.com

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Long story short: I mounted the chinese standard sprocket on my raleigh m60's rear wheel. I could not fit all the bolts through because the spokes get in the way. So I've been riding it anyway. I wire tied the spokes together in an attempt to make them stronger. Somehow though my wheel is now bent. I need a solution. The brakes rub as the wheel turns. Is their a vendor on here that can sell me a new wheel with the sprocket mounted and ready to go? Maybe with the clamshell adapter? My rear wheel has 8 cogs btw.

thanks!

unior

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
How many spokes does the wheel have? If it is not 36 (or otherwise divisible by 9), the standard mount won't work as designed. As for whoever will mount it for you, don't know, but you might try the Manic Mechanic (search) for a sprocket adapter that is easy to mount.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
you could get a new wheel for $50 and manic mechanic has clamp shell sprocket adapters or you could get a hd wheel hub with a sprocket already bolted to it,but you would have to spoke it and put a wheel rim and tire on it yourself and i forget who sells them.

or you could bring your wheel to a bike shop and have them true it and order a clamp shell sprocket adapter for it,thats probally the cheapest option.