centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

mycam8u2

Dec 5, 2008
pennsylvania
where is the cheapest place to get a centr. clutch from? and do u have to have a pullstart to start it or can u still start it w/ the pedals? oh does anyone know if the old style horeshoe looking brake calipers work with fenders?

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
You have to have a pull start to start it. That is what is keeping my away from them. Those things stink on mower, on bike motors they are worse from what I here.

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
There is a vendor that sells a cent clutch witha one way bbearing so you can still pedal start, I dotn think its the one i have, but im not going to install it now that my pull start failed

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
It's on the Grubee engine it will be called something and GGG-2 which is pull start and pedal start. I don't know what parts you would need to retro fit it onto an engine.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
I saw the one at Grubee a couple months ago myself. As I'm researching this stuff
constantly I wondered how they got the centrifugal to dual start. I figure in time
it will be quite popular as it would make it more user friendly for women.

mycam8u2

Yeah those brakes have been fitted on bikes with fenders for years now. It's not a
problem.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my 48cc dualstart starfire gt-2 grubee from gasbike.net
has manual and centrifugal clutch,can be peddal or pullstarted

Dual GGG model; Allows pedal starting as well as rope pull engine start. Uses a friction clutch as well as a special centrifugal clutch with over running clutch lock up to pedal start; Handle Bar Clutch lever must be in the engaged position to operate in centrifugal clutch drive mode. In disengaged lever position the engine is in free wheel mode separated from drive line. Note: A standard friction clutch engine can not be converted to GGG dual mode due to different crankshaft

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I had a centrifugal clutch on a Rupp mini bike when I was a kid about 40 years ago- it worked well, and I still used it when I took off the Briggs and put on a Mac 50 cart motor.

I'd like to get one now, especially if it could still pedal start

BECAUSE-

I looked at the ad for one advertised on ebay with a pull start, and the assembly then sticks out the side of the motor an inch or more, and obviously would not then fit between standard bicycle cranks.

Wider ones are available, if you want the expense and the more drastic deviation- search under "bicycle cranks" on ebay

Back then you could get the Cent clutch in different size and teeth number for the minis.