GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5A 66cc Motor Kit

GoldenMotor.com

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hi, everyone

I have been lurking around this forum for a few days not after I got hooked on this motorized bicycle stuff, very interesting. So I finally decided to join, and here I am! :)

So I have been searching on eBay and other websites, while searching I found this motor kit, the GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5A 66CC.

I live in Canada so this motor kit is perfect for my budget as the seller is located in Canada also, so shipping is very cheap. Also, it meets my budget, which is around $200.

While searching through the forums I have noticed that most of you guys say this particular motor is not that great, and fails often. Hopefully, for my use it will alright (which is biking approximately 100km in a month).

Also, if you guys have any other motor kits with the same price range (including shipping) that is more reliable, that would be great.

Here is the link for the motor kit,

http://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/prod...6cc-Angle-Fire-Slant-Head-Bike-Motor-Kit.html

:-||

It also states, this kit has an NT Carburetor.

Thanks, Vinoy

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i went with a flying horse motor kit its fantastic almost all the parts in the kit are better quality than you would get with a skyhawk GT-5 i have both and i bought the skyhawk first and wish i didnt i was replacing things every other time i was out on it some times more offen the flying horse kit is a little more money but hugely better quality and dosent have all the crappy EPA parts which are part of the problem its one of thouse things buy a good kit to start with or have to keep ordering parts for a crappy one Grubee has no quality control anymore so they just toss everything together and throw it in a box with a peace of bubble wrap so when you get it something is broken and the rest is bent scratched or dented my flying horse was packed well in bubble wrap bags boxs. also now that i have run the motor in i notice there is a huge power difference in the two.

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Thanks for replying Jonny

I would go for the Flying Horse, but from all the online stores I have found, none are willing to send it to Canada for a reasonable price.

If anyone has any ideas where I can purchase a motor kit for under $250, including shipping, that would be great.

Also, this GRUBEE Motor is the 2011 model with an NT carb, would that make it better, and less prone to being DOA.

Thanks, Vinoy

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
the NT carb is the one you want but my magnet went in the magnito on my skyhawk. you will need to buy a chain unless they have the 415 in there. the 410 is multi gear bike chain and will last 1-5 starts before destruction mine lasted one start. im running the 415 out of the flying horse kit and there is a huge difference. if you get a 410 chain order up a KMC chain for $10 from your local bike shop it will do the trick its for BMX the 415 is bigger still and #41 is still better its for machinery all are interchangeable to a point

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hi, Felix

Is your GRUBEE motor the 2011 model, if so did it come with an NT or CNS carb because I heard the NT is the good one. Maybe GRUBEE fixed their reliability issues?

Thanks, Vinoy

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Thanks, Jonny for your reply

Also, if the GRUBEE is that bad, if I choose to purchase the Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry, will they ship internationally for a good rate? If anyone does know their rate would you mind telling me? :)

Thanks, Vinoy

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i dont know the rate but thats where i got my kit from and i couldn't be happier with them and there costumer service is top notch just do a phone order and they will help you as much as possible

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hi, Jonny

Yea, I will be on the look out for any sellers who are willing to ship to Canada. I will try BikeBerry first, hopefully they'll ship for a reasonable price.

Once again thanks for your help :)

Vinoy

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
Hi, Felix

Is your GRUBEE motor the 2011 model, if so did it come with an NT or CNS carb because I heard the NT is the good one. Maybe GRUBEE fixed their reliability issues?

Thanks, Vinoy
Yeah its the 2011 model. It came with the cns, so I had to order the nt carb. Got of ebay for 12 bucks and working good.