Hello, Motorbicycling!

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
Hello, my name is Mitchel Parker. I am about to sell my car and need a new ride. All of my money seems to go to my car and I am looking for an economical way to get to school and work.

I live within five miles of my school and pretty everywhere I end up going.

I want to know a little more about motorized bicycles. I will have about 500 dollars for a bike and a motor.

-Are motorbikes reliable? I know they need tuning and have hicups but will I be fixing it every weekend ?

-I like beach cruisers. I am looking for a quality one. A lot of the new ones are junk. So I need a key start motor and a good beach cruiser. Will I be able to get advice

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I will have about 500 dollars for a bike and a motor.

-Are motorbikes reliable? I know they need tuning and have hicups but will I be fixing it every weekend ?

-I like beach cruisers. I am looking for a quality one. A lot of the new ones are junk. So I need a key start motor and a good beach cruiser.
4 Stroke.

This is the 4 stroke kit and it's only $380 + shipping.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-4G-T-Belt-Drive-Complete-Gas-Powered-Engine-Kit.html

Reliable, great mileage and they finally got it right with no free wheel
in the 100 tooth gear that was failing on previous kits.

For another $200 you could upgrade to a 4 stroke shifter kit from
Sick Bike Parts.

These are motorized bicycles with a pull start so no key start.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I will be posting more when my car is gone. In the meantime I will be researching. Any brands/bikes to look out for or avoid?

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
You can use a key for security. Install it in the kill switch circuit so that the circuit is completed when the key is 'locked'. Or you could put a hidden toggle switch to prevent the motor from turning over. For real security, you need a bike lock. Otherwise, a theif is just going to pedal way.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I'm thinking of adding a removable pin through the handlebars bars or something sneaky so the bike is unridable if you don't know what to do. I had a fixie and that I could have left unlocked because they're such a pain to ride!