The first Honda

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I've seen this picture before and I really like that bike, especially the gas tank. But doesn't it seem like it would be a major thigh burner? It looks like your knees would be right next to that hot little engine.

Gilbert

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
True, but on a cold day the breeze off it may have been a source of comfort.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Don't grow a beard, it takes ages to get the lumps of ice and snow out once you get in the house.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The last time I rode in a good hard winter (Britain normally goes from periods of tepid and changeable weather to cool and changeable weather), which is many, no, many, many, no, don't go there, years ago, I used to be on a 250 MZ going into work 10 miles through snow and ice. People blue and shuddering from the cold were asking me how I could ride a bike in those temperatures (we actually hit -10C sometimes, cold for us). Cold? I worked up a sweat kicking it straight and pulling it back out of the gutter every time the front wheel locked up.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I was somewhere and people were being given instructions. Once it was over, we were asked if we had any problems. Somebody said their wife had left them. Somebody else piped that he was lucky, his wouldn't.