Kinda new to this...

GoldenMotor.com

frostythesnowman

Sep 20, 2010
Tiffin OH
New to bike-building. I have some fabrication experience, just not on bikes. I recently was GIVEN a West Coast Choopers bicycle, that closely resembles the old Jammer style motorcycle frames. Came across a Tecumseh 5-horse 4 stroke upright, so now I'm looking to mate the two. I'm not interested in keeping the pedal assembly. I'm disabled and don't have the coordination to pedal, but I can hold up and stop a small bike. Right now, I'm trying to figure ou a good way to reverse the sprocket and hub on the rear wheel. I have to flip the sprocket to the left side instead of the right (stock location) to match it to the output on the engine. Any advice on this would be helpful. Also some advice on using sealed bearings between the axle and sprocket/hub would be great. Thanks... Frosty

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Frosty.I knew you we real when I saw your special when I was a kid.Why can't you just install a rag-joint sprocket on your rear wheel?You'd have to have some kind of clutch installed!When you do build it make sure you install a HD heat shield,and a chin strap so your majic hat doesn't blow away again. Kip.

frostythesnowman

Sep 20, 2010
Tiffin OH
Thanks for the laughs Kip. Courtesy of some creative welding, I've flipped the drive sprocket on the rear wheel to the left side of the bike. Today removed the pedals and front sprocket. Hoping later this week to fill the crank-housing with fender washers welded on the outside, and a tube run thru for the footpeg mounts. I gotta figure out how to upload photos from my phone, since I don't have a digital camera. Soon as I can I'll post some pics. Have a good Kip, and everybody else too.

frostythesnowman

Sep 20, 2010
Tiffin OH
OK, here's a pic of the frame in teardown stage. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get my engine plate and gussets cut. Sometime this week I hope to get eevrything welded in, and the engine mounted. Got alot to do this week, so no guarantees....

Attachments

Last edited: