staton friction driveon dahon ... mounting q's

GoldenMotor.com

ozbiker

Sep 15, 2009
norcal
hello

new to this place... great forum... some awesome looking rides btw... nice work...

i m putting together ideas for a staton friction drive build... 35cc robin on a dahon folding bike... the bike has 20" wheels... all of the photos i ve seen have the motor mounted on the right hand side of the bikes... problem is that the dahon folding bikes fold to the right so the motor may or may not be in the way...

is it possible to mount the motor on the left or will i end up with the roller spinning in the wrong direction ??

thanks for any help / ideas.. i d be stoked to see some photos of friction drives on folders :)

happy to find this great forum

auflg

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Facing forward the motor is mounted on your left hand side on a Staton or other friction drives......
Motorized Bicycles Detail Page

so I am a little puzzled by your question

hello

new to this place... great forum... some awesome looking rides btw... nice work...

i m putting together ideas for a staton friction drive build... 35cc robin on a dahon folding bike... the bike has 20" wheels... all of the photos i ve seen have the motor mounted on the right hand side of the bikes... problem is that the dahon folding bikes fold to the right so the motor may or may not be in the way...

is it possible to mount the motor on the left or will i end up with the roller spinning in the wrong direction ??

thanks for any help / ideas.. i d be stoked to see some photos of friction drives on folders :)

happy to find this great forum

auflg

ozbiker

Sep 15, 2009
norcal
sorry... my mistake... all the photos i ve seen have the motor mounted on the LEFT... can i mount it on the RIGHT...

i suspect no, but any ideas are welcomed...