Tanaka PF-3300 on Amazon for $89.00 (New)

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
virginian,
If you already have the gebe setup, this should bolt right up to the pulley driver you should already have.
If you dont have the pulley driver, you would need to contact gebe to buy that.
The Staton driver I use wont fit the little tiny HTD toothed pulley that gebe uses.
-Lowracer-

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
So the 47R has a horsepower rating at 2.8HP, how can that be faster than a pocket bike engine?

And the GP 460 engine does not seem too reliable. Maybe it does give out more power than pocket bike engines stock.

What pocket bike engine were you running? Were you running the REED powered engines (The better pocket bike engines) or were you using the older ones?

Thanks.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
So the 47R has a horsepower rating at 2.8HP, how can that be faster than a pocket bike engine?

And the GP 460 engine does not seem too reliable. Maybe it does give out more power than pocket bike engines stock.

What pocket bike engine were you running? Were you running the REED powered engines (The better pocket bike engines) or were you using the older ones?

Thanks.
LOL, I didn't say that either the 47R or GP460 was faster than pocket bike engines.

I bought my reeded pb engine five years ago.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
LOL, I didn't say that either the 47R or GP460 was faster than pocket bike engines.

I bought my reeded pb engine five years ago.
"JMO, there IS no better engine for a motorized bicycle, provided it's hooked up to a low-geared shift kit. The 47R is a high-rpm racing Powerkart engine that loves to spin well past its redline. If I drive like I stole it, I get home fast at 88mpg. If I drive below its advertised 7,000rpm redline, I get over 100mpg with less oil spray on the bike and the rider.

A gallon of 87 octane gets me to and from work for nine days. The 47R is a loud pig with a voracious appetite. However, with a pipe and a shift kit, it's a tamed beast and sips on gas."

I thought you were comparing it to a pocket bike engine.
I have another question, now that the pocket bike engine is more powerful with more hp, torque and speed and top speed, I believe the tanka may revv faster?
Which engine is louder?

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
OK after thinking about this I pulled the trigger on 1 of these. The price is just too good. Now I need another bike, kit etc. probably wait for spring though. Lowracer no more deals ok can't afford them.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
This will be my 1st 2 stroke and am looking foward to it. I'll just get me a second gas can to mix the fuel. These motors have quite a thumbs up when it comes to noise and power for what it is. I've read where they carry 3 and 7 year warranties for regular users, not sure which is correct. No regrets at all at that price.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Bandito,
I was a 4-stroker for awhile (Subaru Robin Eh035 & Lifan 98cc 2.5) until I stumbled upon the DAX GT50R thread & started thinking back to my 2-stroke love affair (had 2 stroke dirtbikes, a 50mph 2 stroke moped, & a Yamaha RD400F 2 stroke 2 cylinder motorcycle). Now I've sold the Lifan, getting ready to sell the Subaru Robin EH035, & just this morning bought a blown Pocket Bike engine to fix & use. Got another 2 MB's both with Pocketbike engines & this Tanaka 33cc sitting in a box...LOL
I need help...
-Lowracer-

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
"JMO, there IS no better engine for a motorized bicycle, provided it's hooked up to a low-geared shift kit. The 47R is a high-rpm racing Powerkart engine that loves to spin well past its redline. If I drive like I stole it, I get home fast at 88mpg. If I drive below its advertised 7,000rpm redline, I get over 100mpg with less oil spray on the bike and the rider.

A gallon of 87 octane gets me to and from work for nine days. The 47R is a loud pig with a voracious appetite. However, with a pipe and a shift kit, it's a tamed beast and sips on gas."

I have another question, now that the pocket bike engine is more powerful with more hp, torque and speed, I believe the tanka may revv faster?
Which engine is louder?

I have another question, now that the pocket bike engine is more powerful with more hp, torque and speed, I believe the tanka may revv faster?
Which engine is louder?
You should create a new thread; I could write volumes on the subject. Other members could too, but we're highjacking this thread.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Eighty nine dollars shipped is a stupid good price.

If my rear wheel Solex craps out 1 will go there on a Dax friction drive.

With a 1" roller this should perform the same as the Robin Subaru with a 1 1/8" roller. Which I have now and love. The Tanaka actually starts making more torque than the 4 stroke at 7000 rpm. It's also smaller and lighter than the Robin and it doesn't have a bright yellow shroud.

Yeah, if you are into motorbikes and have $89, you'd be stupid to not buy one - :)

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
With a 1" roller this should perform the same as the Robin Subaru with a 1 1/8" roller. Which I have now and love. The Tanaka actually starts making more torque than the 4 stroke at 7000 rpm.
That's probably a good a good equation Mike if used on a FD, 1" to 1 1/8" on the 2 vs 4 stroke. I put a Mits 33 FD on a very light bike for my wife and a 1" spindle is all it wants without doing a lot of helper pedaling.

The 4 strokes has more torque though, the factory spec sheets for these two engines have the Tanaka 32 at max torque 1.16 ft.lbs@5000rpm and the Robin at max torque 1.30ft.lbs@5000, not a whole lot, still 12% is a factor on a micro engine and why it will pull a bit larger roller.