Google Translate

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you want to view pages that are in another language use Google translate(thanks Trax). If you use Google chrome translate will automatically pop up and ask if you want to translate. This info was very helpful to me since I am "computer challenged".

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Maybe that's what I need. I've been getting Google ads on the forum in Spanish. Not being anti-Spanish, but what's with that?
I don't read or speak the language so I don't even know what the ads are far.

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Bing also do a translator, but I find it's not as good as Google. Having said that, it still produces fine gibberish when turning Japanese into English.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If you want to view pages that are in another language use Google translate(thanks Trax). If you use Google chrome translate will automatically pop up and ask if you want to translate. This info was very helpful to me since I am "computer challenged".
Good tip ;) To add a bit of refinement - if "google translate" is looked up on google, the results page will bring up a field where you can jus' copy & paste text to translate without even needing to go any further.

If an entire page/site needs be translated intact, go to google translate's home page: https://translate.google.com & copy/paste the http addy of the site to be translated & hit enter - it will convert the entire site to the language of your choosing.

As for the quality of the translation, word for word it's really quite good - but syntax, slang & context all vary drastically almost as much from person to person as it does different languages, I've had occasion where my native language was rendered little more then gibberish by myself & others, regardless that we've been practicing for a lifetime lol

I really do love google translate, it makes us all a bit more like neighbors :D

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
One auto translate I saw was on a German site giving the headroom in a caravan (trailer to you colonials).

"One metre ninety depends the victim."

I was entranced, I almost bought one there and then.

Last edited: