Noisy gear when riding

GoldenMotor.com

Ron Phelps

Sep 15, 2012
Helena Mt.
Hello, I have had the bike for about 2 months and at take off it shudders alot and during the riding it makes a gear noise that does let up a little at higher speeds. But really makes noise at take off . Any ideas Thanks

Ron Phelps

Sep 15, 2012
Helena Mt.
Hi, And yes it is a 2 stroke 80cc I do peddle to star off. But mostly concerned with the gear noise and if it's good for the engine, Thanks

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
it sounds like it needs grease a little in between the gears on the clutch side and some in the bearings take the clutch perch out where the clutch cable goes through and shoot grease down in there and some in behind the bucking bar the bar in the middle of the drive sprocket

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
it sounds like it needs grease a little in between the gears on the clutch side and some in the bearings take the clutch perch out where the clutch cable goes through and shoot grease down in there and some in behind the bucking bar the bar in the middle of the drive sprocket
+1, exactly what you need to do.

Ron Phelps

Sep 15, 2012
Helena Mt.
OK, I will try that and let you know how that works out , I like the bike it's a schwinn cruiser "new" and really want it to be a good ride thanks jaguar .

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Keep the grease off the clutch pads- its most effective right on the gear teeth and behind the bucking bar in the middle of the shaft also may want to consider sound dampeners- home made ones are good- use thin hard syrofoam or cardboard or rubber and maybe cover with thin pie plate aluminum- press the covers into the material to make cookie cutters and then cut out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZcD5Cpe2I&list=UUOcL4qNa1PxaUzgfjeERryg&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ejWhPVZaY&list=UUOcL4qNa1PxaUzgfjeERryg&index=1&feature=plcp

Ron Phelps

Sep 15, 2012
Helena Mt.
Hello Nashville Kat, I did try that but not the bucking bar, is that right side, take off the nut and lube behind it but stay off the pads? I lubed everything I could on the left side It did help alittle. also I'm thinking that maybe it needs to be broke in more?

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
the bucking bar is on the left if you are siting on the bike its in the middle of the drive chain sprocket its the thing the clutch lever pushes on and taking off the clutch perch the thing that holds the clutch cable and shooting grease in there will help a lot thats going to actually lube the bearings