Boycott Monster Energy Drinks

GoldenMotor.com

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
This isn't the first time I've heard of Monster Energy acting like school yard bullies just because they have money. Their latest target is a forum called MonsterFishKeepers.com, that has been running since 2005, because they have a modified "M" for their trademark and have "monster" in the name. They also use the color black in their background. Other than that, the two are completely unrelated. One is an internet forum for fish keepers, the other is a drink company. I don't see how they are competing but apparently the company's lawyers do.

Does this really look like copyright infringement?

Where should we draw the line of what companies can own? I think it is bullchit that they are even allowed to start such lawsuit. This is worse than Monster Energy Drink v. Stone Art Brewery because small Vermont brewery made a beer called Vermonster.

Here is a link that has all of the drink company's information and a brief summary of the situation.
http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/

Hopefully enough people will alert them to the ridiculousness of their lawsuit.

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
I never drink monster except when they are at an event handing them out for free. I'm a rockstar guy!!!

Pretty stupid law suit I agree. You have my word on boycotting them. Unless they are free

This isn't the first time I've heard of Monster Energy acting like school yard bullies just because they have money. Their latest target is a forum called MonsterFishKeepers.com, that has been running since 2005, because they have a modified "M" for their trademark and have "monster" in the name. They also use the color black in their background. Other than that, the two are completely unrelated. One is an internet forum for fish keepers, the other is a drink company. I don't see how they are competing but apparently the company's lawyers do.

Does this really look like copyright infringement?

Where should we draw the line of what companies can own? I think it is bullchit that they are even allowed to start such lawsuit. This is worse than Monster Energy Drink v. Stone Art Brewery because small Vermont brewery made a beer called Vermonster.

Here is a link that has all of the drink company's information and a brief summary of the situation.
http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/

Hopefully enough people will alert them to the ridiculousness of their lawsuit.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's called 'Greed' and it's how corporate America operates today. If you boycott every company that uses that doctrine you wouldn't be able to buy anything. Check out Walmart's policies when it comes to their suppliers and distributors if you want to see lawsuits. Too many lawyers and too much greed.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Monster has been doing that for over a decade now.

Remember "Monster Cables" the way fatter than you need super expensive audio cables?

Yeah, I didn't buy any of that stuff either.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
No problem boycotting here. I don't drink that kind of stuff anyway.. Seams to be a silly law suit. Stick to natural stuff I say buy your own herbs like taurine ,vitamins etc separately. Besides that just taking a decent broad spectrum vitamin B supplement and eating right and you won't miss it.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Maybe they are starting it to hide the main ingredient, dirty aquarium water. They already got caught with the mouse additives. lol

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have never drank that garbage swill before, and I never will.
I guess you could say that I have been boycotting it forever.
I agree that the lawsuit is silly. I bet it is most likely a situation where the lawyers are creating a scene solely to earn a paycheck. If they do not get time in court they get no paycheck.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I have NEVER so much had my hand wrapped around a can of that crap. Was watching a 1000 Ways to Die, episode today, secretary drank about 10 cans during the day...that's all she wrote.
My daughter drinks that kind of stuff...that secratary reminds me of a bullfrog in a fryin pan never notices the temp go up till it's a done deal.

I choose to drink LIFE...the all natural alternative!.wee.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Since becoming aware of that drink last year (and seeing the logo all overthe place), I have been telling that the symbol on the label is the Hebrew letter Vov repeated 3 times.
That letter means 6, so unbeknown to the drinkers - they are subliminally drinking down the number 666.
By the way, the tripple 6 dude is called a "Beast". A monster could well be a beast.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
A good cup of coffee is better for you than all that energy stuff. Besides coffee is good for your heart. Drinking coffee is an old throw back from the military. We always had coffee somewhere. Even to heat up the water we would run the jeep up the hill and back if we had to as long as it didn't have any antifreeze in it which you wouldn't find in the tropics anyway. A little rust never hurt anybody. LOL
buzzard
x

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LOL, Larry. That reminds me of the scene in 'African Queen" when Bogie makes tea for Kate Hepburn, draining water from the boiler. :)

Tom

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Since becoming aware of that drink last year (and seeing the logo all overthe place), I have been telling that the symbol on the label is the Hebrew letter Vov repeated 3 times.
That letter means 6, so unbeknown to the drinkers - they are subliminally drinking down the number 666.
By the way, the tripple 6 dude is called a "Beast". A monster could well be a beast.
Wow! I just researched how the the Hebrew number 6 is written, and that correlation you have is correct, and creepy!
The Monster logo is a dead ringer for 666 (no pun intended) and they certainly are not shy about the monster part either.
I guess they can't be charged with false advertising!