Felt MP: 49cc of U.S. Army Fury!

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I did the best I could do. Hopefully it won't draw too much attention from the police. It's just a motor assisted bicycle officer.

Last edited:
Reactions: carl clack

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You got nothing to worry about from the cops especially up in LA.

Put on a left side mirror, horn, a plate and you are legal anywhere in CA
if you are wearing a DOT helmet.

Why are you worried about the police?
I gots no M2 on my license. I've already had somebody confuse it for a motorcycle from less than 30 feet away (in broad daylight). I guess I did my job then. dance1

Last edited:

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Woah, that looks nice!
I was actually thinking of doing an army build, something really similar... as in same color paint, and putting a star on the gas tank (except with a stripe behind the star). Unfortunately... mine wont look as cool as i'm using a cheap base bicycle with thinner wheels http://www.walmart.com/ip/Huffy-Cranbrook-26-Men-s-Bike-Bronze/19855931

Can I ask where you got that gas tank?
Also... what is that box in the front?

Oh wait one more question :p What was the bicycle you started out with? (Just curious... I'm not going to "clone" your bike haha)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Woah, that looks nice!
I was actually thinking of doing an army build, something really similar... as in same color paint, and putting a star on the gas tank (except with a stripe behind the star). Unfortunately... mine wont look as cool as i'm using a cheap base bicycle with thinner wheels http://www.walmart.com/ip/Huffy-Cranbrook-26-Men-s-Bike-Bronze/19855931

Oh wait one more question :p What was the bicycle you started out with? (Just curious... I'm not going to "clone" your bike haha)
The bike is a $700 Felt "MP". The tank is from a Motobecane Italian moped. The box holds a 12v Lithium Ion motorcycle battery that powers the headlight, GPS and my cell phone via 2 weatherproof cigarette lighter sockets. There is no stator on the motor so there is no electricity coming from it.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Woah, that looks nice!

More pics are here.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39823&page=9

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice job! That seat looks too perfect on there. (^)

What are you going to do about a gear box?
Thanks. I haven't sat on a traditional bicycle seat in more than 30 years and the stock Felt seat felt like concrete. The other seat wasn't much better. The seat you see now almost feels like a motorcycle seat. I'm gonna put a EZM Q-Matic on there as soon I possibly can. This first bike build for me has been like walking from N.Y. to L.A.. I have learned a lot to say the least.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice job! That seat looks too perfect on there. (^)

What are you going to do about a gear box?
I also ordered a Military Stencil so I can spray the "M. and the P." on either side of the star on the tank. Back where it rightfully belongs. All the letters on there now just don't look right without the splits in the letters that the military uses. I'm trying to do justice to the Felt MP bicycle that it use to be. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The front brake use to be the back brake which got moved to the front. I cut the cable to shorten it and juice squirted out of it. So that's how hydraulic bike brakes work? Who knew? LOL

Of course I threw away the extra barb and olive that came with the brakes. I didn't even know what they were. I got a new barb and olive and somehow refilled and bled the brakes without a Shimano Kit. Now I don't have to to a Fred Flinstone Stop with my feet anymore. dance1

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I am digging that Area 51 top secret hyper gearbox and invisiline drive.
I always knew that alien technology would eventually trickle down to the
unwashed masses from the military industrial complex. Good work!
I got over 2 hours on the engine all while I've been driving the rear wheel with my legs. I pedal the bike around my hood while I rev the engine like some kind of nut. My neighbors think I simply attached a motor to my bike so I can hear it rev while I pedal myself into a sweat. LOL

.wee.