sorry guys I have a clutch question

GoldenMotor.com

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
I searched for ages but did not come up with an answer..

New china 50cc installed ,I had issues getting the cluth to engage so I could free wheel the bike but got it sorted . Now when I fired it up the clutch makes a mild screaming noise & when the pull the lever to engage the clutch its screams like a mofo & with the clutch locked on it still trying to drive I can't work it out . I adjust the flower nut loose & tighter btu no change tighter its worse looser & the clutch wont work at all .. I did notice a white grease type stuff on the friction pads is this normal ??? Could it be my clutch push rod as there not a lot of clutch arm movement & its hard to pull aswel..\\thanks in advance

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I searched for ages but did not come up with an answer..

New china 50cc installed ,I had issues getting the cluth to engage so I could free wheel the bike but got it sorted . Now when I fired it up the clutch makes a mild screaming noise & when the pull the lever to engage the clutch its screams like a mofo & with the clutch locked on it still trying to drive I can't work it out . I adjust the flower nut loose & tighter btu no change tighter its worse looser & the clutch wont work at all .. I did notice a white grease type stuff on the friction pads is this normal ??? Could it be my clutch push rod as there not a lot of clutch arm movement & its hard to pull aswel..\\thanks in advance
The clutch pads should be clean. Remove the flower nut, and the flywheel and clean them. Pack some grease in the bearings in the puck holder, I like to remove mine that way I can clean the bearings with brake cleaner (without the pucks installed), then pack grease with my finger. I use chassis grease. As far as the pucks, spray them as well ans squeeze dry with a clean rag. Some will recommend other ways, but I haven't had to go into a clutch since day one of doing this. Also grease the bucking bar/ball bearing shaft. As far as the pull on the handle, this was my solution.

http://motorbicycling.com/f23/sale-clutch-roller-bracket-ht-23390.html

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
greasem up! The bucking bar and ball can be dry enough to cause these problems without disturbing actual clutch. Try greasing bar and ball before you mess with clutch, especially since you describe a "squealing"

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
probably dry in there with the bucking bar... and it's easier to lube... try that 1st.
adjust release lever so there is only very lite pressure when u are not pulling on the clutch lever.
good luck
rc