Hey everyone, I have a question about RAW motors

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

odessa

Jun 5, 2011
bucks county, Pa
I purchased a couple engine kits from RAW motors a few weeks ago and wanted to buy a few more but they seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know what happened to them? BTW, great job to everyone that contributes to this forum. You guys are great! Thanks:-||:-||:-||

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
The last time I talked to Rodger was about a year ago and he said he was moving to Vegas. Vegas is like a black hole, it just sucks up everything...

odessa

Jun 5, 2011
bucks county, Pa
Thanks 26incher. I really hope they come back from whatever. Do you maybe have any suggestions on who to buy from instead? i really liked RAW's prices and it seems all the others are priced way higher. :(auflg

buhz

Mar 16, 2011
clearwater fl.
I have a raw 66 with over 1000 miles no problems,I wanted to order another for when that day comes,it allways does. best of my knowledge it has to do with the epa. I can not say because Im on the buying end and have no dealings with big distributers but I was told a 30000.00 import fee has been tacked on to all distributers for epa approval. why do you think grubee is out of it. he only sells direct from china,importer picks up all the crap fees.

odessa

Jun 5, 2011
bucks county, Pa
thank buhz. you mean even grubee engines are out now too? I guess the only thing we can do is wait and hope for a better solution to this dilemma. The engines seem to have gotten better over time so lets hope the trend continues. I think this really sucks since i liked dealing with RAW and now it seems they are already gone. :(

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
hey odessa just wanted to say I agree that from the sounds of it, these kits are much better quality than they used to be. I just have a regular ol Mr. Roboto 66cc kit but I have had no problems at all where as the older kits sound like they were riddled with more problems....anyhoo welcome
-Dan

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I know that some dealers are having problems with Customs getting their shipments. I don't know if that has anything to do with RAW though... I checked their website a few days ago and all they have for sale is parts.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Good luck getting a hold of them, no email or phone response for me for a couple weeks. Last I talked to them they were out of stock when someone ordered a bulk order. Stock hasn't came in and they don't know when they will be.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
And now they are no longer selling retail.
If you don't believe me, call Roger @ Raw motors and ask him yourself.

/thread

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I've been trying to get a hold of Roger for a couple weeks, as I previously stated. The most recent time I spoke with him was last month when I was told they had kits on order, and not wholesale.

Either way, they are still selling parts - so they are still selling something to the public.

/your_bad_attitude
<discussion>

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Look dude, I'm just giving out reliable info to our community. Who are you? I used to sell RAW engines, and have bought hundreds of engines from Roger. Last time was a few months ago with a $20,000 order. I'm telling everyone, based on my inside knowledge that they are NOT SELLING RETAIL ANYMORE. He's not answering because you dont call his cell phone. But you wouldn't know that number now would you?
Stop acting like you know whats up, since you looked at their public website.

Geez.

/ignorance

I've been trying to get a hold of Roger for a couple weeks, as I previously stated. The most recent time I spoke with him was last month when I was told they had kits on order, and not wholesale.

Either way, they are still selling parts - so they are still selling something to the public.

/your_bad_attitude
<discussion>

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Okay, well why don't you use that inside information to find out who is going to be RAW's retailer? And not at a completely bogus inflated 250 bucks either.

Whether or not you have inside information doesn't change the fact that there is still stuff to be learned, you are not the come all save all of information with your single "thread closing" sentence, and it surely doesn't change the fact that you don't have to be a jerk about it.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
There is no "retailer" that they buy from. They get engines from the factories in China, as do I.

You don't live in CA, and you don't run a business selling engines here, so you wouldn't understand my 'bogus inflated price'. So again, another seriously ignorant statement from you. Anyway, as a business man I wouldn't give out information that could hurt my sales, so no info about the factories will be heard from me, sorry.

Also, for the record, I was never a jerk about anything. The /thread just means there is no more info that is pertinent.

And actually I do have some raw engines, in addition to my own proprietary brand, so if you want a RAW you can pay my inflated price, or don't get one. Dosn't matter either way.

And lastly, the prices are going up. You can buy a junk kit for $170 shipped from some place like BGF on ebay, but have fun with that. If you lived in CA you would see my prices are reasonable, and my new engines are the best performing ones out of any China engines, our videos don't lie. Watch them and see what kind of speed/power you get.

Now do yourself a favor, and stop typing in this thread, now. You're just making yourself look bad.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
There is no "retailer" that they buy from. They get engines from the factories in China, as do I.
RAW's retailer doesn't mean who they buy from, I know they are factory direct. I mean RAW's retailer (sorry, should I have said retailers, as in retail companies who sell RAW motors on a regular basis?)

You USED to buy from them, that's great - and you sell them for 250 bucks, fine with me. I'm not saying you can't sell them at that price, but I am saying that vendors in the past have sold the very same motors for much less and on a very regular basis, and this thread shouldn't end until we find out who that next vendor is.

Do I expect you to shoot yourself in the foot and tell us who is offering better prices than you - no. But don't act like you care more about the community more than anything else and then hold back information from the community so you can make an extra few bucks. If you would feel most comfortable with yourself stepping out of the conversation, by all rights, you can - but I will be here until a vendor is found.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
RAW's retailer doesn't mean who they buy from, I know they are factory direct. I mean RAW's retailer (sorry, should I have said retailers, as in retail companies who sell RAW motors on a regular basis?)
Seeing as you don't even know the definition of retailer, maybe someone else will chime in and tell you how smart you sound.

I guess what they say is true, ignorance is bliss.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Yet another thread jacked by an A-hole from motovelo to blast someone and put people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.