I hate myself today

GoldenMotor.com

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Since you posted a link, I'm speculating that it was considered advertising and thusly moved to swap and shop. Had you simply started a thread stating that you were upset you had to sell that bike, I speculate it would not have been moved. That said, I'm very sorry you have to sell such a beautiful bike. I can only hope that you find a buyer who will treasure it and not restore it just to make a quick buck. And if you do, I hope that you find some consolation that way. It's a beautiful, priceless bike and I can't imagine how sick it must make you to have to sell it.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Since you posted a link, I'm speculating that it was considered advertising and thusly moved to swap and shop. Had you simply started a thread stating that you were upset you had to sell that bike, I speculate it would not have been moved. That said, I'm very sorry you have to sell such a beautiful bike. I can only hope that you find a buyer who will treasure it and not restore it just to make a quick buck. And if you do, I hope that you find some consolation that way. It's a beautiful, priceless bike and I can't imagine how sick it must make you to have to sell it.
Very, very sick.
Sold it this morning.
Very nice old guy who really knows his stuff! Showed me pics of some of his collection, and all I can say is WOW! Dude has taste!

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, from when you posted it. The "score" right?

It's just a bike. A piece of hardware. No spirit, no soul.

Stop sobbing, there are better things to weep about. Dead parents, dead wife, dead dogs.

"Don't cry over spilt milk"

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I didn't see the bike the ad was taken down, but I can sympathize with you as I've had toilet bikes go in the past.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yeah, from when you posted it. The "score" right?

It's just a bike. A piece of hardware. No spirit, no soul.

Stop sobbing, there are better things to weep about. Dead parents, dead wife, dead dogs.

"Don't cry over spilt milk"
It had more soul than anything built in the last 50 years....
*bursts into tears again, curls up under desk moaning softly*
But seriously.
At least it went to a true believer and not some skidmark hipster.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Ah, there ya go, getting better already - :)

Who knows? Maybe you get another one some day all covered with cobwebs in the back of someone else's garage for a song. Or maybe something even better like one of those older (every other tooth) sprocket models.

And maybe you got enough jingle then to fix it proper. One can only hope - :)