My 1959 ford f100....shop messed it up

GoldenMotor.com

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

please tell me that the frame behind where the upper balljoint and bag are was fixed by welding and a fish plate on both sides and the rear or the truck where they cut the frame so now the body lines of the box no longer match with the cab

Just another Example of doing work you do not have the skills for.

Blake thank your lucky stars bud that you did not drive it and have the work fail on you. Sue them for every dime the shop has and put them out of business!!

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I hope that frame rail was boxed on the back side , I agree with yank to a point , sue them dont put them out of buisness but teach them a lesson they will never forget , so they dont kill someone by doing work they cant handle .
Gary

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
http://sikfabrications.com
I hope that frame rail was boxed on the back side , I agree with yank to a point , sue them dont put them out of buisness but teach them a lesson they will never forget , so they dont kill someone by doing work they cant handle .
Gary

They did NOT cut the front frame its still straight and original. They also DID not box the frame either. Law suit filed september 5 is my court date.

Better business bureau, Los angeles consumer affairs, and Bureau of automotive repair all involved.

Bureau of auto repair informed me that under california state law any shop working on cars needs a valid ARD registration which this shop does NOT. im learning new stuff everyday about what to look for in the future etc. Its been a learning experience.

the shop that did the work is http://sikfabrications.com you can tell by their site that is not like I went to a ****ty shop that has no resume. The cars they have on there and the pictures of each build looked great. I did do alot of research so its just a bummer.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
GO GET EM !
I checked out their site , a good web designer can do that in their sleep, an most of those vehicles have kits available that JUST BOLT IN , not to mention most of them are "new cars" , what your not seeing is what those cars could look like underneath , candy paint , chrome , an big wheels tend to grab the eye .I guess a lesson in suspension geometry an structural repairs couldnt hurt them as well as a class in advanced welding.I hope you get a favorable judgement .
Gary .

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
best of luck with it.
it sucks that it had to come to this,and now it will be a while before truck is completed.
i would lock it away in a secure place until it can be dealt with properly.
who knows what this dude may do when he gets word of the lawsuit.