First message: first question

GoldenMotor.com

johnthenovice

Jan 12, 2010
California
Hello all. I'm new here and new to building a motor on my bike. I live in So. California and am looking forward to having a motor on my bike. I've already run into a problem. I can't seem to get the clutch to disengage the sprocket from the motor. When I turn the sproket (its very hard to turn I can't do it by hand) I can hear stuff inside the motor turning. How am I going to install the chain without being able to easily spin the sproket? Thanks for your help.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
you dont have to engage or disengage the clutch to turn the motor for chain installation.
make shure you have the spark plug removed the turn it over with the tool provided in the kit.

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
Hello all. I'm new here and new to building a motor on my bike. I live in So. California and am looking forward to having a motor on my bike. I've already run into a problem. I can't seem to get the clutch to disengage the sprocket from the motor. When I turn the sproket (its very hard to turn I can't do it by hand) I can hear stuff inside the motor turning. How am I going to install the chain without being able to easily spin the sproket? Thanks for your help.
put a socket on the sprocket and turn to pull chain through and your done hope this helps have a good 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.wee.