Hooray, legal in Michigan

GoldenMotor.com

bigdreamz2000

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan
Hooray, I'm legal as of last Thursday! I had to put on a headlight, turn signals, horn, brake light and mirror, not shown in my picture. Registered it as an assembled vehicle. Proof of motor purchase was my paypal reciept, state tax was paid at the SOS. VIN was the serial number of the bike. Vehicle inspection not necessary because it only is for motorcycles and up. $24 out the door ($15 sticker + tax on the motor). Now it is time to cruise without legal worry.

BudFreed

Feb 22, 2010
Clarkston, MI
Hi, I am new to this I just built my first gas bike and I am having some issues and I am looking for someone in my area to help. I am in Oakland co. Michigan, I see you are in Michigan what part of the state are you?

BudFreed

Feb 22, 2010
Clarkston, MI
Great, i am in Clarkston about 30 mins from you I would like to bring my bike down to Farmington some time and have you take a look at it. maybe you could show me what i am doing worng. would you be open to that?

bigdreamz2000

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan
Thanks for the compliments. I need to take pictures since they are worth a 1000 words. I just got her back up and running for next spring. She was down with a sheered off exhaust stud. I had to drill out the old one and put a heli coil in for a new threaded rod. It doesn't seem as solid but I learned my lesson not to over tighten bolts on these motors. Hey Budfree what is your problem or problems? I'm up in East Lansing and I've put together 8 bikes now for friends and a guy selling them as mopeds.