Nirve 3 Speed Cannibal Chopper Motorized

GoldenMotor.com

newfienorthca

Apr 23, 2009
Canada
.shft.
This is my first build. I just bought the bike on line and it is on it's way to me. I already have the motor. An 80cc. I have no idea what to expect. I am totally 'green'. ANy help you can give me would be appreciated. What mods do I have to make? Engine mounts what are my options? Will the motor fit with the 3" tire? I would love to have a three speed stick shift. Is this practical?

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
New,
That's an interesting looking bike and will make a very nice ride. It will take some creativity to mount the engine and will require custom mounts probably front and rear. I think you're going to run into some interference with the chain unless you mount the engine very high in the frame. Wide rear tires can also present problems but nothing that can't be overcome with a little thought and ingenuity. Some mount the engine slightly off center to gain drive chain/ tire clearance. Send some pictures of your build and any problems you encounter along the way and we'll be here to offer advice. Welcome to the forum and keep us posted.
Tom

newfienorthca

Apr 23, 2009
Canada
I have ordered a Chrome tank upgrade and a Kreem kit for the tank. Kreem or not to Kreem? Any advice? I have also ordered a chrome exhaust extension. I like the look of the lower exhaust lines.
I am also lookin' at a shimano chrome three speed stick shifter. Might look good? I don't know how I am goin' to work out the motor mounts?

newfienorthca

Apr 23, 2009
Canada
ffs. The web page posted the 'NEW' nerve and sold me the old model. Noe three speed. No front disk brake. What a rip. At least I got all my money back. So now what! Too many choices. I have no idea what to buy. I still have my custom project this sumer. I want to turn it into a 5 speed stick shift.

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
.shft.
This is my first build. I just bought the bike on line and it is on it's way to me. I already have the motor. An 80cc. I have no idea what to expect. I am totally 'green'. ANy help you can give me would be appreciated. What mods do I have to make? Engine mounts what are my options? Will the motor fit with the 3" tire? I would love to have a three speed stick shift. Is this practical?
yes it is possible , i am running na 4 1/2 in on mine!!!!!!!! anyways just take your time!! it will show once your are done!! i am on .trk.trk.trk my second build! i have to due alot of welding! but in the long run. it will show!