All The Performance Upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
i wanted to start a topic on combination's of everyone's ideas on what it takes to get more out of your engine. first off,i know Ive been told there is only so much you can do and 'its not a motorcycle' and i don't believe that for one minute! There is so much more someone can push out of these engines (or ones i haven't seen)and i know it.

example. if i was hosting a drag race in an 1/8th or 1/16th of a mile competition,i know any locals would build their bicycles for it. now how bout an endurance race and so on... the point is,that why can't we have a 'muscle bike' or a 'street sleeper' and what would it take to get there? lets throw alot of its only a bicycle crap out the window and talk about what we need to do to get it up and move!! what do i need to weld,reinforcements ?? stiffing what?? supercharger kits ?? how about how far we can push a frame and ball barrings before we need to upgrade to a needle barring set?

maybe this sounds crazy to a lot of you out there but my friends see a real potential in this and i hope some of you see the same insight,after all im not telling you to ride it like a manic,but some of us do!.mbv.

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
Look up the HOLLEY autocycle.First MB endurance compitition won by G.M. Holley of Bradford P.A.circa 1902.** Of HOLLEY carburator fame. This IS the start of ou're obsesion.O'le George was only still a teenager and forged his own motors' built the first motorbike production line before ford in fact ford copyed him ( thanks henry for taking the credit)!The factory's gone,but the hotel still stands now called the Riddle House. It actualy started out bieing the Riddle House then called the Holley Hotel then back to be refered to said Riddle House.GREAT story.I'm working on a film depicting this as I live near Bradford.We're lining out locations as we speak.Another film crew is shooting the movie LITTLE CHICAGO due in theaters soon.And YES we're using ou're CHINA GIRLS as soon as I get enough of my buddy's on MB's.* A"NO" budget film. WILLIAM "ONES FUN TWO'S A RACE"* dnutdnut** "BEFORE HARLEY' THARE WAS HOLLEY"

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I like to break it in chunks. This is stage 1 easy stuff quickly off the top of my head, which is very streetable and makes a huge gain in perf:

Spark:

Proper magneto coil gap
Good low tension connections, either with GOOD connectors or soldering.
High tension side: New good high conductivity wire with good silicone insulator and silicone boot with silicone grease
Plug: NGK to match your situation. BP6HS is a good start.

Fuel:

0.65-.67mm jet
Needle groove per conditions/engine/fuel mix (start at the second groove)
Fresh 87-89 octane (higher is not better, adjust with toluene if you run high compression)
Racing oil with castor 20:1-30:1 mixed really well
Intake manifold and port matched perfectly with gasket.

Exhaust:

Tuned Expansion chamber is a must with output side of port matched perfectly with gasket and little manifold

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Your 'topic' pretty much covers anything with 2 wheels and a motor.

As you add horsepower you have to increase the strength and durability of all parts.

Eventually you don't have a bike anymore but instead a motorcycle. The point at which this happens however has been debated many times. Is it when it loses the pedals or is it when it has more than one gear? Is it when it has more than 6 hp?

I can't tell you which part of your bike is going to break first as you increase the horsepower of your motor. What I can tell you is that it will break at the moment of it's greatest stress. Probably at speed with the greatest load on it. Please be sure to wear a helmet. :)

The quality of bicycles used for these projects varies dramatically. Obviously the better bikes have a larger envelope to push before they break.