built motor first ride!

GoldenMotor.com

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
I just wanted to share that i got my suspension fork and hydraulic brakes. 1 finger stops easy.

Double piston caliper.

Stops on a Dime.

not bad for paying $38.00..

rsz_2013-08-20_23-47-37_957.jpg

rsz_12013-08-20_23-48-07_792.jpg

Last edited:

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
yep! Avid Elixir 3 cost $80 for the front brake set with a rotor but i got for 38$ shipped, That is a 203mm rotor and ill tell you what it will stop in a hurry and with 1 finger!

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
nope there is no adjusting. Im going to get ceramic or metallic pads to eliminate this squeel i have noticed the Avid pad is famous for.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Honestly the CNS carb is great I'm using it now, it went from a boggy paper weight to a fully functional carb. Im currently at a 87-90# jet stock was #70. I drilled the pilot jet out 2 more sizes and is working good. You should have a carb with the same size bore as your intake. CNS bore size is 16mm and is plenty for me because me intake tube is 16mm aswell.

UNLESS you have a modified intake that's a bigger diameter. it wouldn't do you and more good to have a bigger carb bore than the intake of what its going on. But it all depends on what motor work you have done too like porting and timing advancements exhaust setups, modifying the piston, its all about flow.
if you can weld, make a plate to bolt on to the end of the arrow reeds (I imagine it can come off like the RSE reeds do) so you can fit a larger carb. Arrow's reeds have tons of flow area, so getting a 1" tube then a 21mm Dellorto PHBG, after proper carb tuning (I know, I know, its a pain), you should be able to get even more out of the motor (19mm is recommended for a reed valved 66cc at 8500 RPM, so 21mm should hit close to 10k). Drilling two 1/4" holes beside each side of the wrist pin on both sides of the piston will reduce your piston weight even further. after drilling those 4 holes (they dont affect anything, they interact with transfers, no worse than what the wrist pin does now) and retuning my jag CDI the bike became amazingly smooth. I dont have a pipe yet because I plan on custom designing my own, but if I'm pulled up to 70kph (or go downhill) on a windless day, it'll maintain that speed, just doesnt have the power to get there on its own, yet.

Yours accelerates much faster than mine, at least it looks like it. I'd love to see that thing really go, and a proper sized carb (the stock/speed/CNS carbs are 16mm, sized for a 49cc, or a 66cc @ mid revs) should give it some real umph at high revs.

Is it ported already or is it all bolt ons right now?

And my god you gotta tell me where you got those brakes that cheap! My Hayes MX3 brakes wear out in no time and it costs $30 for a set of pads -_- I need a bigger disc and better calipers

Last edited:

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
if you can weld, make a plate to bolt on to the end of the arrow reeds (I imagine it can come off like the RSE reeds do) so you can fit a larger carb. Arrow's reeds have tons of flow area, so getting a 1" tube then a 21mm Dellorto PHBG, after proper carb tuning (I know, I know, its a pain), you should be able to get even more out of the motor (19mm is recommended for a reed valved 66cc at 8500 RPM, so 21mm should hit close to 10k). Drilling two 1/4" holes beside each side of the wrist pin on both sides of the piston will reduce your piston weight even further. after drilling those 4 holes (they dont affect anything, they interact with transfers, no worse than what the wrist pin does now) and retuning my jag CDI the bike became amazingly smooth. I dont have a pipe yet because I plan on custom designing my own, but if I'm pulled up to 70kph (or go downhill) on a windless day, it'll maintain that speed, just doesnt have the power to get there on its own, yet.

Yours accelerates much faster than mine, at least it looks like it. I'd love to see that thing really go, and a proper sized carb (the stock/speed/CNS carbs are 16mm, sized for a 49cc, or a 66cc @ mid revs) should give it some real umph at high revs.

Is it ported already or is it all bolt ons right now?

And my god you gotta tell me where you got those brakes that cheap! My Hayes MX3 brakes wear out in no time and it costs $30 for a set of pads -_- I need a bigger disc and better calipers
Wow... thanks for all the info!

Heres what iv done to this little engine.

-Piston i cut ramps on the transfer sides of the piston a totoal of 3 ramps. I also cut a window in the piston so the wrist pin gets better cooling/lubercation.

-Crank drilled more materiel off the top not much but enough to run in a higher power band with out viberating much at all.
Also i drilled 4 total holes surrounding the mains for more efficient lubercation
Using SKF main bearings imported from France.

-Cylinder i widened the intake and the exhaust port is even wider, i cut a 3rd transfer port on the intake side that is as high as the other transfers. I took about .020 off the top of the cyl. Also not running a head gasket and does not leak at all believe it or not.

-Case i didnt do much to the case i port matched the case to the cylinder which helped.

Cylinder head- Puch 74cc high comp head and nice squish.

Exhaust- I fabbed a 2003 yz80 exhaust chamber to fit on this bad jackson it worked out great and looks sweet...!

CNS carb is working awesome at the moment i have made minor jet adjustments sence i got it running. The spark plug is a perfect tan after a long ride. let me tell ya though.. the tuning of this carb was so far off it took a long time to get it right..

Right now the engine has 4.2 hrs on it and the only thing holding me back from getting a bigger carb 1. because my intake on the reed assy. is only 16mm same as the cns carb 2. i just took my head and cyl. off and seen that with the low hrs it has on it the cyl wall isnt going in the direction i would like it too but what ever, what do you expect with a flash chromed bore right? iv been running it at 25:1 after the 16:1 break in fuel.

The bike goes as fast as i would ever go on it lol it will top out at about 48mph which is plenty fast on a huffy....lol

My story on the brakes is rather fortunate but i did wait 2 weeks for the seller to get it right. I made a purchase on ebay for $30 +8 shipping for a shimano hydraulic set M445 that mounted on the right side of the handle bars like a dirtbike i was used to the clutch being on the left and front brake on right.
Any way the person emailed me saying one of the coworkers sold the brake set out side of ebay when i already payed. The seller didnt like to make mistakes so they sent me a avid set thats worth 80$ and even came with a 160mm rotor and caliper bracket and every thing, You can still find some great deals. Lately theres been sellers selling The Avid Elixir 7 hydraulic set for cheap.

Check it out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVID-ELIXIR...380707444948?pt=US_Brakes&hash=item58a3ee98d4

These have been selling for around this price for atleast a couple months.

Last edited: