rev limiter for china girl motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

talbotti

Sep 17, 2011
Finland
can someone tell how i supose to wire this rev limiter to my china girl.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

theres 2 screws that can be adjusted and around that white screw theres abcdef1234567890 dunno what are thoes markings. obiviousli the black wire goes to ground but wich wire i put the red wire. i tested to put the red to the cdi`s plus wire and when i put the rec limiter on the engine shuts down.
and thoes who ask why i want to put rew limiter to my bike, in finland its a moped if it goes over 25kmh. so if the police pulls me over i put my limiter on and the bike goes 25kmh so i dont get ticket.

talbotti

Sep 17, 2011
Finland
Re: rev limiter for china girl

Who manufactures this device?
Where did you buy it?
Any chance of googling up a wiring diagram?
i bought it from here kierrosten rajoitin and it comes with wiring diagram and it says black wire to ground and the red wire to pic-up cable, the pic-up cable goes from magneto to cdi box in the diagram.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to retard it to the point where the engine becomes gutless with the flick of a switch.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl

it might not be what you are looking for but i was thinking.
how about using a really big sprocket.
the more i think about it, i think it is a better idea.
imagine you have a rev limiter installed.
the sprocket should match the RPM you can only reach.
like you would never want a 36tooth sprocket because it is made for speeds you could never reach.

so using a larger sprocket will have all that torque.
you wouldn't be able to exceed the speed limit & you would have incredible acceleration. that would make the rev limiter obsolete.

talbotti

Sep 17, 2011
Finland

yeah i was thinking about getting bigger sproket. now i have 44t sproket so maby i get 60t or somethng. but my bike goes with the 44t sproket 50kmh so i would need 90t sproket so that it would go 25kmh but then i would have tons of tourge. i am going to build cdi myself so i can hook the on/off limiter to it and maby gettin tillte bigger sproket for better acceleration.