How could I make this?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You build it one part at a time. There is no "recipe" for a custom build like that.
Some folks just figure it out as they go along, others research it and come up with their own "recipe" before beginning the build. Keep in mind that parts rarely fit together as planned and there's always a bit of "red neck" engineering going on during any custom build.

Shadowstrike099

Sep 20, 2011
CT
Yeah I was hoping for a pre-planned "recipe" I could just order and build seeing as this is my first attempt. Then if I really enjoy it start customizing more.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Don't let that stop you from building one!
Do the research, and plan for the inevitable "parts not fitting quite right" issues.

If you are skilled with a drill press, hand drill, die grinders, Mig, Oxy-Acetylin, or Tig welder, then life will be all that much easier.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
You build it one part at a time. There is no "recipe" for a custom build like that.
Some folks just figure it out as they go along, others research it and come up with their own "recipe" before beginning the build. Keep in mind that parts rarely fit together as planned and there's always a bit of "red neck" engineering going on during any custom build.
sage words...

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
My understanding is that even the china girl version is kind of difficult for a first time venture with that bike. The question of what to do only you can answer. You have to be honest with yourself about your skill level, what tools you have and whether or not you have knowledgeable friends to help you out when you need the help. If you have limited experience with engines, are just kind of learning wrench work and don't weld, etc. then if it were me I would do the china girl version, following very closely in the footsteps of other builders who have solved the build challenges and are willing to advise you. Then as your skill level rises and the desire is still there you can always unbolt that china girl and have a go at fabricating something wonderful. You're bound to be on the road much sooner and will still have a very cool ride. Another question to ask yourself is where can you ride a bike like that without getting pulled over? And if it has fifteen horsepower then the rest of the bike needs to be built up to match the power from the engine... brakes for one thing. It was designed to be a pedal bicycle that looked like a chopper. Just adding a motor doesn't make it into a motorcycle. Go easy, stay safe and have fun sooner rather than later. That would be my advice.
SB

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Actually a Chinese engine mount is rather straight forward and at least for me easy. Yes I have extensive mechanical ability, but I'm looking at a novices aspect. Yes some mechanical ability and a few of the correct tools are needed, but not any more then on any other build. Mounting a HT on any bike has to be the easiest of any in frame engines. Actually it was easier then mounting on a cruiser. Also easier then this build.. http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Michael Chopper/

The chopper in the video.
Tommys Chopper pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Last edited:

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
If you stay with the legal engine for your state , keep the pedals and are the legal age to ride it then life is good. You won't need that killer back wheel unless you're a little on the heavy side ( like me). I have 2, still working on the engine. Its a good bike for relaxing and going in a straight line, 3 lanes needed to turn it around. Thaught I was going to fall off the first time I rode one.