Rim and Tire

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Grandma

Jun 8, 2011
mission viejo, ca
I have a Panama Jack and I have had problems with alignment, sounds, etc.cvlt1cvlt1 since the chain went through. Had it fixed without getting a new rim. One of the spokes is bent again and I am thinking weak link? So tomarrow I'm taking it to a bicycle shop to true the rim if they think its worth it. Also see threads on a few spots on back tire and no sudden stops. I talked to a guy that has another bike shop wondering if it would be worth getting a stronger back rim 60.00 and tire 20.00 any ideas on this? I do carry some tools and a purse (not big) on the back rack but I still have a kunking sound when its weighted a little.http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/cvlt1.gif

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
A better quality rear wheel assembly would be greatly advised.
The factory Panama Jack wheels are not the best quality, especially when used in a motorized bicycle application.

Crazy Grandma

Jun 8, 2011
mission viejo, ca
I'm also thinking on a smaller sprocket. My problem is My girl IS my transpo. I only work about 2 miles from home. So down time is weekends. I can't get parts fast enough. The spark plug is a 3 prong and I still have the plastic boot. I was all over today trying to find one to fit a LDZ4JC found out there isn't a universal still pretty new but getting better with fixing and figuring out stuff. Haven't broke another front mount bolt yah

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Hey Grandma I have a Huffy Cranbrook that I had really bad rear wheel issues with when I first built it. I went to a Shimano CBE-110 rear hub and a heavy duty rim laced with 11ga spokes from Piston Bikes for about the same money you are talking about. Since then I have thrown the rag joint out the window and gotten one of the Hub Adapters from Sportscar Pat with a 415 chain and both upgrades have made this bike a dream to ride for smoothness and almost maintenance free and the coaster brakes are wayyyyyy better. The hub adapters and chain are a little pricey but well worth the money and Piston Bikes also carries them for the CBE-110... Believe me if you do this upgrade you will love it, Good luck.
Mark

Last edited: