12 volt stator

GoldenMotor.com

Having Fun

Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Hi,was wondering if anyone knows or heard of a 12 volt stator and mag. for the 80cc chinese motors.I bought a racing cdi and coil for my bike ,but need a 12v. source.Can.wee..wee..wee..wee..wee. anyone help.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Excellent thunk! Could make one universal by mounting it to the front wheel. Have been toying with this for a couple of yrs but have never gotten it really going. Uber simple and could be adapted for any MB or engine. More then enough room and could be made with off the shelf parts.

Having Fun

Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Wonder if we could use 2 stators front to backto double the voltage.Possibly add more windings to the original or convert one from a scooter?Got some brain storming to do.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You could rewind the stator to put out 12v but the math to figure out what gauge wire and how many wraps is way above my pay grade.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dang Kev. Your 7 pay grades ahead of me! lol

What I was thinking was converting an already mass produced one. I was told by a 3rd generation small engine guy the challenge would be the tolerances.

First few pics is where I thought of starting, then mounting a hub deal with the magnets.

lawn mower stator - Google Product Search

Just a thought. I am really clueless about this stuff. A few folks are doing cool stuff like this with 4 strokes. My thinking was trying to make a bolt an' go sort of thing that wont detract to much engine umph.