My Car Chaser lol !!!

GoldenMotor.com

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
My bike is a 80/66cc Trek Road Bike, its been horned out for better exaust flow, same with the intake housing. extra brackets behind the mounts to keep the motor from twisting on hard throttling. big steel washers installed behind, and in front of the drive sprocket to keep the chain from jumping off. It does 36.2 on flat road. The only problm i'm having, is that i'm going thru back rims. So I ordered a 48 tooth rim, for durability. I can't wait to add the shift kit I ordered lol. (this is going to be a riot!). Oh the only other mod i did, I had to cut the exaust. But i also ordered a custom one. Look out next year sooky tooth death race. I'm coming for that ass in 2011 Whooo!!!!!!xct2

Attachments

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
What do you mean, "going through rims"? Are the spoke nipples pulling through the spoke beds? Perhaps it is from using a crummy wheel or running with loose spoke tension. A 48 hole wheel will be very durable, but may not match up with the 9 hole sprocket system.

A 48 tooth motor cog will probably stress a wheel more than a 36 tooth, as more torque will be effectively placed on the rim through the spokes.

Also look up HybriPed. It has an effect like shortening the spokes on the motor side by using a high tech multi layer rag joint. It works with common shimano road hubs.

But I really like when people motorise road bicycles. Good job!

Last edited:

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
What do you mean, "going through rims"? Are the spoke nipples pulling through the spoke beds? Perhaps it is from using a crummy wheel or running with loose spoke tension. A 48 hole wheel will be very durable, but may not match up with the 9 hole sprocket system.

A 48 tooth motor cog will probably stress a wheel more than a 36 tooth, as more torque will be effectively placed on the rim through the spokes.

Also look up HybriPed. It has an effect like shortening the spokes on the motor side by using a high tech multi layer rag joint. It works with common shimano road hubs.

But I really like when people motorise road bicycles. Good job!
Hey happycheapskate, I'm useing 27 inch wheels and tires, and the spokes are braking around the bolts are. and I fig. out yesterday that i can't use a 48 spoke rim. and ordered a rim that would take thicker spokes. thanks for the heads up though, good looking out. and I did order a jack shaft kit.brnot

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
The spokes on many 27" wheels are 25 years old and not made of the same type of metal as modern alloy spokes.

If its worth it to you, replace the spokes with straight guage wheelsmith spokes and maybe the dedicated grubee hub, and you should be good for a long time.

George_in_Texas is riding an Ebike. He found out you can put 700c wheels and narrow tires on some 27" english wheel frames. The old style brakes have enough room in the slots for moving the brake pads to fit, and some 700c style road brake calipers may fit with 700c wheels.

I think I'm going to find a v-brake 26"ATB rigid frame and put 1.5" tires on it and drop bars, to "make" a MB road bike.