Lawnmower Muffler

GoldenMotor.com

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.

I just bought the bike off of Craigslist and had all the motor stuff left over from a build I did a few years ago...I bought alot of spare parts I thought I might need, I just didn`t have an exhaust system....I cut the head pipe off an old scooter muffler and had a Lawnmower muffler laying around that I welded on to the head pipe.....It actually sounds pretty damn sweet, it surprised me....It has a deep pop, pop, pop...Not running too bad for a bunch of spare parts left over with a CrapNS carb. on it.....Gotta work on that part.....41t sprocket,short int. tube....Just working on tuning it now....
see ya......
Paul.....

Last edited:

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i know exactly what muffler you are using , yes the work very well . you likely have the large one , ( gives a nice rumble ) , the smaller one actually makes quite a large reduction in the noise level , but adds a bit more back preasure .

heres a little trick ( makes it sound even better ) 1 inch diameter tube 2 to 3 inches long on the end of the muffler , and even better ( same piece of tube ) with a washer in the end with a 3/4 - 7/8 hole ( or like i did ) used the top part of a seat post ( has a rounded end and the hole is smaller than the tube at the end

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.

Yes, You know which one it is....
It`s gold in color and has threads on the end of it.....I was in a pinch this weekend and wanted to start this motor so I figured this muffler might do the trick in a pinch....
I`ll check out your other mod and see what happens....

Last edited:

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
i know exactly what muffler you are using , yes the work very well . you likely have the large one , ( gives a nice rumble ) , the smaller one actually makes quite a large reduction in the noise level , but adds a bit more back preasure .

heres a little trick ( makes it sound even better ) 1 inch diameter tube 2 to 3 inches long on the end of the muffler , and even better ( same piece of tube ) with a washer in the end with a 3/4 - 7/8 hole ( or like i did ) used the top part of a seat post ( has a rounded end and the hole is smaller than the tube at the end
So ADD this to the end of the muffler????