Fuel amd Oil Mixture

GoldenMotor.com

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks a lot bairdco. So if I plan on riding my bike normally a moderate amount of the time, I should plan on getting a locking clutch so I don't have to hold it in all the time?

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Thanks a lot bairdco. So if I plan on riding my bike normally a moderate amount of the time, I should plan on getting a locking clutch so I don't have to hold it in all the time?
The locking clutch levers are pretty much standard issue with most kits. My..... How this thread has evolved!!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
sometimes those locking levers don't stay locked. i was adjusting my helmet at a light with the bike idling and lever locked, and it popped loose. luckily, as the bike tried to shoot out from under me, i stood up and caught it as it tried to sneak through my legs.

if i wasn't semi-standing when it happened, i coulda been on my a$$ and the bike coulda been in the intersection...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
so, when i ran out of gas yesterday and eyeballed some cheap chevron oil that comes in a black bottle with no markings, then added .46 gallons of 91 octane, not counting what spilled all over since my fuel inlet is too small and i had to use a paper funnel, is that considered "accurate?" :)
Very much so....for many who run these bike that is.

It makes things more interesting when you are always changing your mixture and fuel to air ratio.