How many San Diego members do we have?

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I had such a great time on the 2010 LA run that I'd like to organize one in San Diego. If you live in the area and would be interested in organizing or going on a ride, PM me or answer here.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Yes, I was thinking OB to La Jolla and back too. See what you can do to find some more peeps in the area. I moved up to Rancho Bernardo not too long ago. I'm ALONE up here. NEVER see other MBs.

I ride often down in OB and MB but haven't seen other MBs down there lately.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
tracking down rogue mb'ers is like stalking gazelles or something. slow moving, smokey gazelles.

everytime i see someone around here, i'm either in a hurry, or can't stop for some reason.

need to lay some traps...

Big_Fella_Stretch

Feb 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
Ya-hoy-hoy!

I'm a SD person! Hey Maxvision, where in RB do you live? I'm over here off of Rancho Bernardo Rd. and Pomerado. Next to the Albertsons. I'm way down for some SD rides, I just need to get my first ride built.

Just found an American Flyer Coupe Deluxe SS on CL, and am in the process of getting it and an engine together. Maybe we could meet up and exchange some ideas?

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
I JUST GOT MY FIRST RIDE PUT TOGETHER BUT I GOT A FEW PROBLEMS WILL ANY ONE HELP?IT'S A RAW 80 CC ENGINE KIT.

1)GAS COMES OUT OF THE CARB AS SOON AS I TURN THE GAS ON WHY?wHERE THE AIR FILTER IS.
2)WHEN I GET IT FIRED UP IT WILL ONLY RUN FOR ABOUT 30-45 SEC. AT A TIME WHY?

Big_Fella_Stretch

Feb 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
Well, I can't ride as of yet, but if you can make it up to the Poway area, I'd be happy to go over your fuel system with you (if it starts to act up again).

I've got a lot of experience with little engines. Worked for Harbor Island Yacht Club, and they have about 17 22' boats with small 2 stroke outboards on them. lot of carb fixes.... Oh, the horror.... What have I gotten myself into? :p

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
HEY I GOT THE PROBLEM FIXED IT WAS STUPID ON MY PART I HAD THE CARB MOUNTED SIDEWAY BUT PUT IT RIHGT AND KNOW IT RUNS FINE

THANKS.shft.

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
I am in San Diego in Golden Hill. My first bike should be done in a few weeks. A few weeks after that the motor should be broken in and then I will be ready to ride.

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
hey thats great cause i would like to meet up with other mb's and get a ride going and if there's anything i can do to help you with your ride give me a shout

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Quick question for the local riders.

If I can secure a race venue in San Diego how many people would be willing to attend?

There would be a cost associate for riders and a lot of work to get things organized. I would most likely be reaching out to enthusiast to assist with running the event. I am talking more of an official race with qualifying, classes and heat racing than a fun run race like the Death Race. In this event I would need race race marshals, corner workers, track marshals and maybe even some people to do a quick tech inspection.

I envision the race as being part of a weekend rally that could include local rides and music similar to the local Mods vs Rockers rallies.

I have already reached out to the venue and the board of directors is going to look at the event and so far the idea has been warmly received....cross your fingers.

slowlowchev

Mar 5, 2010
san diego
Just built mine and I'm down to meet a few other weirdos. I live near 60th and university in the college area. near ye olde bike shop and cafe. Im not really into a racetrack race but more of a fun run cruise ride, but thats just me.

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
hey slw whats up?Hey man i know right where your at I have that bike shop do all my bike work.just give me a jing and i'll be more than happy to just cruise wit yar.ly.

slowlowchev

Mar 5, 2010
san diego
hey 619ers, anybody ever have any trouble with cops on thier MBs? I havnt, but I havnt ridden it that much. I rode 22 miles the other day. Didnt see a single cop.

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
hey slowlowchev i've had my ride up for a few weeks now and i've put over 125miles on it and no cop trouble.I've sat at red lights next to them,was in a little accident on mine and the cops checked to make sure i was alright but no word of trouble thank god but a little hint to keep them off of our backs ware a helmet and they fig. we're safe.
Hey my ride is down till next week when my new mag comes in the mail if you wanna cruise call me @619-201-5403/Elvis

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Im definitly excited about getting together a ride. I am now starting to ride my mb everywhere. I just finished it about 3 weeks ago. OB to La Jolla sounds sweet. if anything happens let me know.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I havent been riding long, but so far only one cop has sat behind and followed me for a while, then he just pulled along side me and gave me a thumbs up. depends on the cop! Just don't get caught going over 30mph on flat ground. Check out page #3 in the DMV's motorcycle drivers handbook.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I had such a great time on the 2010 LA run that I'd like to organize one in San Diego. If you live in the area and would be interested in organizing or going on a ride, PM me or answer here.
dude im am totally interested. if anything comes up give me a message.