Tank on occ chopper

GoldenMotor.com

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
The stock tank can be mounted using L brackets that you can get just about anywhere. put the bracket on the bottom studs on the tank, and line the tank up on the bike how you like it and mark the holes on the bike frame where the L bracket it and drill 1 or 2 holes for it to mount to. I used regular self-tapping sheet metal screws, but any sheetmetal screw will work fine. Since my tank was the 1 gallon, not 1/2 gallon, the rear 2 gas tank studs where far enough down the frame tube that I could use the stock hardware to mount it, but most kit tanks are smaller, so you may have to use the L brackets on front and back mounts. Hope this can help.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
take the lower straps that come with the tank flip them upside downd on the top tube and rivet them on and bolt tank to them i dont rivet them myself i just drill a hole in the center of the strap and plug weld it to the frame

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
flybytaco: I have seen it done that way, forgot to mention that but your idea would make it look much better/cleaner look.
azbill: My back mount is like you said, but knowing the quality of these kits, I wanted the front to be mounted just for some extra stability, but that is another good option for mounting.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I used the extra long motor mounting studs that come with the kit (some kits) and cut them to length and weld them to the existing tank studs. Then I bend (twist) the tank mounting brackets to fit the frame so the tank don't slide down.