Ur opinion on best forks for a stretch cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

tommy1

Jun 7, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys,
Building my motorized stretch cruiser shortly, about to order my wheels from huskybicycles.com... Gonna get FRONT & REAR FREEWHEEL - 26 x 2.125 steel rim, 11-gauge spokes, steel hub with sealed cartridge bearings. Installed tire and puncture resistance tube. For about $85 each

Next on the list is some good forks. What do u guys suggest? I was thinking of getting the monark type II HD springer with a disc brake, but have found mixed reviews about them, I want to make sure they are good before I go and waste $200 lol

Once I work this out I'll be buying the motor and getting to work :)

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Marzocchi Monster T makes any bike look good & you can run over anything in the road without hurtin it. Seriously though, any quality DH MTB triple clamp suspension fork is my vote...
-lowracer-

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey guys,
Building my motorized stretch cruiser shortly, about to order my wheels from huskybicycles.com... Gonna get FRONT & REAR FREEWHEEL - 26 x 2.125 steel rim, 11-gauge spokes, steel hub with sealed cartridge bearings. Installed tire and puncture resistance tube. For about $85 each

Next on the list is some good forks. What do u guys suggest? I was thinking of getting the monark type II HD springer with a disc brake, but have found mixed reviews about them, I want to make sure they are good before I go and waste $200 lol

Once I work this out I'll be buying the motor and getting to work :)
the Monark II's are great. any mixed reviews were probably including the 1 model. the II's are beefy. the only issue I've found is you can NOT use them on a racing style bike with an aggressive rider position. I have flown over the bars 3 times now, and am currently wearing an arm sling and icing my shoulder.
if your weight is over them and you take a bump, they compress and hit the tire, stopping it cold, and you go flying. unless you are using a 24" wheel I suppose.
With a stretch cruiser this will never happen though, and they are great forks. the disc brackets are a little low slung as well. maybe not so good.

Attachments

tommy1

Jun 7, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
With a stretch cruiser this will never happen though, and they are great forks. the disc brackets are a little low slung as well. maybe not so good.
With the disc brackets being low, why is that not good? Are they not near the center of the wheel?
that sucks that u came off, I'm hoping that won't happen to me to often lol

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
With the disc brackets being low, why is that not good? Are they not near the center of the wheel?
that sucks that u came off, I'm hoping that won't happen to me to often lol
haha, ya, no S%$*. the stretch is so far rear weighted it'll never happen. although I prefer the ride of my schwinn style springer on my stretch mustang. the only problem on that bike is that the frame harmonics make the engine vibrate bad around 2600rpm, right as its getting into its power range, and the fuel boils. fizzes. then it loses power and slows down. then the fuel settles and it revs again. wash rinse repeat. very frustrating. and armor all in the fuel isnt helping like its been claimed to.

see my thread, dogtown mustang project. unable to load photos hereauflg

Attachments