Dyno Roadster Rear Hub Question

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have a 2002 Dyno Roadster. I need an exploded view of the inside parts of the rear hub. I have had mine apart so many times trying different things I forget how it is supposed to be. I have a picture of the parts of "a" rear hub but it doesn't show 1 of my parts. Maybe they used a different hub than most?

I'm trying to do away with the coaster brake so the pedals can rotate backwards. I thought I had it figured out but the back tire wants to turn backwards when I pedal backwards. It still will pedal frontwards like its supposed to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Terry

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I have a 2002 Dyno Roadster. I need an exploded view of the inside parts of the rear hub. I have had mine apart so many times trying different things I forget how it is supposed to be. I have a picture of the parts of "a" rear hub but it doesn't show 1 of my parts. Maybe they used a different hub than most?

I'm trying to do away with the coaster brake so the pedals can rotate backwards. I thought I had it figured out but the back tire wants to turn backwards when I pedal backwards. It still will pedal frontwards like its supposed to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Terry
Fulltimer, can you post a clear pic of the parts to your hub maybe we can see whats missing.

C.H.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Terry, check these exploded views of cb e110 & cb d110 & the bendix, let me know if this helps again a pic of your hub dis-assembled might help us to find what is missing.

C.H.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I should have posted the picture of the piece that I couldn't figure out its position. I think it is part of #9 in CB-E110. Right now the hub is assembled so I can't get a picture of all the parts. There is a good view of it in CB-D110 as part #8.

Here is the part. Thanks TONS for these pictures!

Terry

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
One thing to keep in mind is that I am not using the brake pads. I need to be able to pedal backwards a little to get the pedals into a position that I can put my feet on them. Very little room for error on that. Neither knee bends as far as they are supposed to. The right knee allows me to be ALMOST able to pedal all the way around. The left knee bends very little so I need the pedal in just the right position.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I thought I had it figured out. It worked like I wanted it to. I could pedal backward freely and pedal the bike forward. Then I tried it out and it wouldn't work at all. The pedals would go around but nothing happened. Here are some pictures.

Terry

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Fulltimer, have you considered the Heavy Duty Dual Drive Wheel from some of the forum sponsored vendors.

I know this company sells them Bicycle Engines, Motorized Bicycles, Bicycle Motors, Motored Bikes: 2-Stroke & 4-Stroke Kits!,

You can buy this Heavy Duty wheel in two versions, one is freewheel setup and the other is fixed which is like the one you have now!

Remember, if you have a engine that is started by pedaling then you need the fixed

See the pic and link below hope this helps you resolve your need for a free wheel.

26" HD Rim W/44T Freewheel and Brake - $129.99

Here's the pic below of this wheel.

In the pic below is wheel for pedal start engines. This wheel could be setup to have a rear disc brake with brake rotor bolted to motor drive sprocket, just remove the band brake!

C.H.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Thanks for the info Crazy Horse! BTW, I finally got a good view that shows what part I was missing. A spring! I'll check out the links provided.

Terry

DaveM

Aug 22, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
What you are building is a free coaster. You can leave out the brake shoes (part # 8 in CB-e110) but you need the clutch piece you have taken a picture of and a washer and the conical spring. The washer goes at the fat end of the spring. I hope this makes sense. I ended up buying a girls bike from a garage sale (yard sale) for parts for my coaster brake, I took this one apart slowly to see where everything went. The coaster brake can be quite tricky the first time you assemble it.