Stretched Frame Motor Mount Position Poll

GoldenMotor.com

Motor Mount Location???????????

• Total voters

Cobra GT

Apr 16, 2010
New Orleans, La.
I just built a Macargi "The General" and had no problem with mounting the motor. It has a Raw 80cc and I had to drill the oversized frame in the front. It was my first build and I took the motor all the way down just to make sure everything was right, I also ported the intake, exhaust, intake pipe, and muffler. Now I am building a Macargi Puma GTS with a Grubee 80 cc. After that I have a new Honda 4 stroke going on a Worksman trike to build, I will post pictures of the bikes in the gallery. Any info on the pros and cons of the motor mount position would be appreciated. I like the look of the front mount but that is sure a lot of chain. Please vote and reply with your experiences of your builds or just vote your preference. Thanks.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
The front position on my stretch cruiser is great. It just looks right. There is also more room for the carb/airfilter. I wasn't able to put a pro carb filter on my regular cruiser. I am using Red's updated motor mounts, at first they were shifty, mostly because of my weight(250lbs.). But after doubling up on the plates and a little modification of my own, they work great. As far as a long chain, there are many bikes with longer chain runs, so I don't see a big problem, would be different for a belt drive. The only trouble I've had so far is the links broke off, but I believe that it was the master links themselves, after ordering the better ones SBP has, I have not had any problem. The cheap chinese chains come with a flimsy clip, SBP's has a reinforced clip. The most trouble I had was running the chain between the small space that a stretch cruiser has between the rear derailleurs. With a 36T it wasn't too hard. I used a top tensioner to get the chain through, the bottom runs straight without help. I plan on going up in teeth to a 56T, then I will have to mount Nylon rollers to the top and bottom for the chain to squeeze through and then around the sprocket. Should be smooth running then, the nylon rollers are a lot less jittery than the kit plastic wheels, and with an inch of roller the chain can move around without bumping between guides, although I plan on putting a chain stop to keep it from rubbing against the tire. Hope this helps. Wish I had pictures to show you, but the darn camera is in the shop.

Cobra GT

Apr 16, 2010
New Orleans, La.
The front position on my stretch cruiser is great. It just looks right. There is also more room for the carb/airfilter. I wasn't able to put a pro carb filter on my regular cruiser. I am using Red's updated motor mounts, at first they were shifty, mostly because of my weight(250lbs.). But after doubling up on the plates and a little modification of my own, they work great. As far as a long chain, there are many bikes with longer chain runs, so I don't see a big problem, would be different for a belt drive. The only trouble I've had so far is the links broke off, but I believe that it was the master links themselves, after ordering the better ones SBP has, I have not had any problem. The cheap chinese chains come with a flimsy clip, SBP's has a reinforced clip. The most trouble I had was running the chain between the small space that a stretch cruiser has between the rear derailleurs. With a 36T it wasn't too hard. I used a top tensioner to get the chain through, the bottom runs straight without help. I plan on going up in teeth to a 56T, then I will have to mount Nylon rollers to the top and bottom for the chain to squeeze through and then around the sprocket. Should be smooth running then, the nylon rollers are a lot less jittery than the kit plastic wheels, and with an inch of roller the chain can move around without bumping between guides, although I plan on putting a chain stop to keep it from rubbing against the tire. Hope this helps. Wish I had pictures to show you, but the darn camera is in the shop.
thanks for the reply can you post some pics of your bike thanks again