Comparison of 4 stroke kits

GoldenMotor.com

alexkram

May 7, 2013
Reno, NV
Hi Guys,

I've been a lurking for a while, great forum. I have a Staton-Inc friction drive kit with Honda 31cc 4 stroke engine that I bought used on craigslist. I got the motorized bicycle bug big time! I found some limitations with the friction drive (it rained yesterday, and it drags when you want to just pedal with engine off).

I'm going to build another kit, but there are so many choices available and so little information about each one. Maybe you guys can help.

As far as in-frame 4 stroke kits go, there are 2 styles of cheap Chinese kits, the T-Belt primary drive type here and the internal dual-chain primary here. They are about the same price. Which is a good choice? Both good? Both garbage?

My favorite design of the ones I've researched is the Staton-Inc rear axle mount here. It is chain drive with freewheel and out of the way, you can even have a rear rack. It can use a Honda 35cc 4 stroke engine. It seems like a lot of weight to be hanging out that far but it is USA made and a CNC machine aluminum gearbox! This one is about $150 more than the cheap China kits above. I have not seen one mention of this kit here in the forums. Anybody have this one and want to review?