Building a Ht Motorized Bicycle or Three.

GoldenMotor.com

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
mine carb is 18mm barrel w a 15mm venturi that is good for minimum 7000 rpm. a 13.5mm will only get 6000rpm. push it up but it runs out of fuel.

u have a barrel that is 15mm w a 13.5 venturi. it is deffinately not straight threw.

Last edited:

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
i just got my new pipe and im in love w it but i will need to run apipe calculator to see if the volume and belly are correct. slightly unchartered water for me but what do u recomend based on the picture theon? any advice?

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
The barrel measures 15mm, I've had this carb giving me 9500RPM on a piston port doing 80 Km/hr.
I see the problem as, a reed needs a richer jet than piston port due to a decrease in velocity because the piston port has only 65 deg duration as opposed to the 180 I now have.
This carb is usually run on a piston port, and the metering slot is to small to give enough fuel at WOT with the decrease in velocity.
I have a Velocity stack on one side of the carb and opening into a reed cage on the other side, the carb is the venturi choke, and measures 15mm. I can not see the needle and measuring tube being so much of a restriction to bring my effective diameter down to 13.5mm.

Attachments

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
i see your correct. well done 15mm is a good size. i will try to help then.

index drill bits. extra gasket for greater volume on pump side? external fuel pump?

i gotta go try that pipe again. brb

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
that was a good quicky. raining.... i got lucky. i slippped it on and the length was good however an inch or two to long but great anyway.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I was thinking 8500 RPM was OK considering only 150 deg exhaust dur and not run in yet, Bike works well for what I built her for, offroad. And weather has finaly cleared so might get out there and spray some mud around today and try and clock up a few more Kays.
Have ordered a new barrel as well as another $15 carb to play with for her. I have had to compromise the exhaust design considerably to make it fit, and will at some stage be re thinking the exhaust. I have another KTM Pipe, this ones a Fatty/Pro pipe, but I have not worked out the best way to make it work on this bike, and have many other projects, so will likely just live with this pipe for now, until I get a few other things out of the way.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
8500 is the highest i got w/o trying... but seems fine. just for reference.

i did a calculation that said my 24inch w a 36 = 39 w a 26 inch.

this makes sense to me/ sounds accurate.

i had a thought that u could add backpressure.....?

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I think it was going a little better with less back pressure, my mufflers are stuffed with a whole large S/S scourer each and are not straight through, but empty in to stuffed chamber, then exit through baffle tubes. I have a nice throaty dirt bike tone, but acceptable noise levels and am happy with this.
Getting a bit more fuel through the carb at max revs is where I'm heading with this, would be nice if I could find just the mix tube for sale seperatly, but at $15 for a whole carb, not a big deal. Increasing the stroke of the diaphragm with an extra gasket is an interesting idea.
My other thought was to lengthen/widen the slot in the mix tube.
The mix tube from an old carb I have stripped has an 8 printed to it, so no doubt other sizes are out there, Unfortunately I damaged that one removing it although is still probably usable, but will soak my carb in boiling water first next time. Getting a better quality carb is also an option, however I like the way this carb mounts and also the price. So feel that I should persist with it.
More disappointed in the vibs around 6000 than anything else.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
thats unique:)

whats it called.... external power jet.....mikuni power jet something... add fuel anyway u want too. vetrenary needle. meth/water injection. anything.

is it bad everywhere or middle top?

66sub

May 27, 2014
canada
hello. whats up? i got a derbi bullet today for 500. 38x40 reed w centrifugal and cvt. its not even 10 percent as fun as my gasbike however. zingy motor is nutless to what im used to now :)

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
You need to start posting some pic's, what's a Derbi Bullet?
I've got the pipe off the Goat, need to stop it touching the frame, as it may be part of my vib problems. Fix up a few slag intrusions,
Still deciding what I'm going to do with this new motor, I've ordered it with the large mouth cases, and no Loctite. First I plan to try it in the Goat, stock standard. If it's not as strong as the Goat motor then I'll start swapping bits across, and see what works best. If I can get it to go harder than the motor I've got, I'll get them both to go just as hard.
But if this crank is as good as he says, I'll likely put it in the case induced Mongoose. Who's wheels I've been working on today. Everything must be still working on the farm, and been a little crook so taking a little time off, and getting a morning in the 'bike shop' to my self!

66sub

May 27, 2014
canada
it looks like girls scooter. i am supposed to pick it up tmrw. i am having second thoughts. perhaps an old 250cc or 400cc suites me better. the bike has been drpped so if i kept it perhaps a naked scooter sounds ok i guess. im stuck cause for 500 bucks i have purchased a sweet turbo mazdas before.... this girls scooter....crap for a grand i could have allmost anything. this scooter retails at $3000. it has 4000kms on it for 500 bucks.

Last edited:

66sub

May 27, 2014
canada
i want to hear the roo go.

i think my pipe will be what i was looking for its 5.5 degree/ 10 inches. to tear drop baffle and belly/ 4 inches.

it gives maximum torque on bottom end then gradually loses power but should never breakup on topend due to a 1 inch belly. this allowes best cruising at high rpm while pulling hardest on the lowend. yea :)

66sub

May 27, 2014
canada
just get a bigger carb if ur happy w the goat :) i like wd40 or keroseen for carbs. i wont use anything else.

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I had a scooter, was given it for payment for work, got it going, seems the previous owner hd just done it up before some kids got hold of it. Had a big bore kit, and wheelstood! Gave it to a mate for a swap on some bits I wanted, His kid has a ball on it round the farm, Certainly a better designed motor than these China Girls.
Built to work, not to have to mess with, and a comfy ride!
But not the thrill of a livened up motorized bike.

66sub

May 27, 2014
canada
based on dimensions did i do ok? do u think its incorrect cause i spent three days to wind up using my first best guess. i did calculations for days and i think its correct to o.1 of an inch. i just have to weld the two pieces together.

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'ts hard to argue with math.
been rethinking my Goat pipe, but was such a mission to make fit, I'm going to stick with it for now.