Atco/Hercules/ Villiers build

GoldenMotor.com

johnsi12

May 12, 2014
Bristol,England
Hi all, I`ve brought this tread over from introductions. Here is a mock up of what I`m trying to build. Sorry about the rubbish quality of the pics but I`ve only got an ancient dumb phone to take them on. I will try and change this soon

Cheers Simon

Attachments

johnsi12

May 12, 2014
Bristol,England
Thanks Curt, and thanks Intrepid Wheelwoman. Spent a long time today discovering the difference between an old fashioned 26"&1 3/8"(590mm)wheel and a modern 26.75"(559mm)
wheel. The easiest thing would have been to measure, but no, I spent 2 hrs try to fit the smaller tyre onto the larger rim! Next I`m going to see if I can tie my shoelaces while breathing.

Cheers Simon

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Simon,

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of "Why doesn't it fit." Excellent choice of engines and the bike is a natural for the build.

Silverbear will pop in here shortly I'm sure. He has a build that he's putting together with a 98cc Villiers lawn mower motor and when I visit him from the west coast of Canada this summer I'll be carrying a complete Atco mower that he wants to use to build a trike.

Steve.

johnsi12

May 12, 2014
Bristol,England
Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome. I was actually looking for the 98cc (midget?) engined mower, but people on ebay uk don`t seem to want to courier heavy stuff which makes it expensive to collect and the one I got was in my home city.

Cheers Simon

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Simon,

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of "Why doesn't it fit." Excellent choice of engines and the bike is a natural for the build.

Silverbear will pop in here shortly I'm sure. He has a build that he's putting together with a 98cc Villiers lawn mower motor and when I visit him from the west coast of Canada this summer I'll be carrying a complete Atco mower that he wants to use to build a trike.

Steve.
I can hardly wait to see it -- especially since he bought it from me -- i was going to do something but realized i dont have the skills and patience for it
i certainly admire the ceations you guys build !!!!!