Which brooks saddle for my phantom/felt tank frame build

GoldenMotor.com

fozworth

Feb 16, 2014
UNITED KINGDOM
I'm building a felt tank frame with monark II springer black felt 24" rims thick bricks etc probably mainly black with old white tyres . Thinking either brooks B67 aged leather saddle or Brooks b33 black saddle . Just think the b33 might be a bit overkill and the aged brown b67 with black springs might set it off ? What do y'all think

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
What kind of theme is the bike? Cruiser, Bobber or BTR, if ? cruiser go with the Gyes G-12 or Lepper Primus, BTR Brooks.
You can get either of these seats in Black, Brown, Natural<with Lepper Primus< or Honey and brown with Gyes both brands are XLNT Quality Leather products and the Gyes are Very reasonably priced

Attachments

Last edited:

fozworth

Feb 16, 2014
UNITED KINGDOM
Something like these as my frame the same as the black one

I'm thinking I'm going black frame with retro pinstripe on the tank black rims with white/black thick bricks so wonder if brown grips and nice aged brown brooks saddle with black springs will look good

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I liked #3 that truckd posted......just my opinion.

Love the look of the bikes you posted!! Great inspiration for a future build.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
You wouldn't be able to get very low on the bike with the Lepper(#) if you want some spring but get the seat lower too try the Gyes G-12 and for a total btr look Silver State makes a bad Messinger repop

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
If you look at my Roadmaster build it had a gyes with a luck 7 post. I took the mounting hardware and gave it a 180 which really lowered the seat.Sorry can't post a picture Cruz I don't know how on this freegin phone

Silver State

Feb 24, 2013
Las Vegas
For the throttle side you need to machine the inside clamp out to fit over the plastic throttle sleeve (lathe or Dremel work). Then get rid of grips plastic liner and run 2-6 runs of electrical tape over throttle sleeve (up one side and down the other not round and round or the donuts won't slide on). Slide down pairs of leather donuts once there is enough tape on sleeve to make them snug. Cut end off of throttle sleeve (if its the type that's capped) run one last donut loose on 7/8 bar and put outside clamp on. Works like a champ for the grips like those we sell.