My first BTR inspired build

GoldenMotor.com

Wheeled Relics

Aug 18, 2013
Portland, Or
Finally found this forum. Thank you all for your great builds and inspiration!

I am 3 weeks into this build and getting many great ideas by browsing the forum. Here's what I have put together so far:

-1936 Roadmaster Bent Double Bar Frame w/ original forks
-Prewar Dogleg Crank w/ 22tooth chain ring for side plate clearance
-New departure wartime blackouts (8tooth rear sprocket) laced into 12 gauge heavyweights
-Torrington Handlebars
-48cc Chinagirl

to do:
carb & shorter manifold
rear driving sprocket
repop coke bottles on a new throttle
seat
tires (clay brick)

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Welcome! to the Forum this is an absolutely great place to obtain info and idea's for your needs, wants and desires for your build which by the way looks to be one to fallow so keep us posted! we never grow tired of Pic's.

Wheeled Relics

Aug 18, 2013
Portland, Or
Thank you all so much. I'm looking forward to the influx of fresh ideas and inspirations for this build. I built up a motorbike in a postwar schwinn DX frame this fall to learn from, and stumbled across this Roadmaster frame / forks hanging in a junk shop in central Washington state. Just couldn't pass it up!

monadrew

Sep 15, 2013
Kenosha
That is looking pretty cool..There is a guy on ebay from California that does custom gas tanks specific for these old frames it would fit right between the cross bars he does an awesome job and price is very reasonable

Wheeled Relics

Aug 18, 2013
Portland, Or
Fixed an airleak this weekend. Runs so much better! Fine tuning. Added some nice motorcycle coke bottle grips.

Ordered a clutch plate mounted chain tensioner from the member here selling on ebay. (probably paint it black to match the china girl!

Looking for black peaked fenders and a front disc brake. Enjoying finding some classy finishing touches!

Last edited: