Landmark day

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The young man on the motorcycle is my Uncle Doug. WW2 fighter pilot and sub hunter over the Atlantic Ocean and later a leading expert for chicken diseases and an animal vet.

The young lady on the back Is Ida Draper, 17 who 15 years later would become my mother.

Today Mom is 100 years old.

Just got time to sit down and type this. Cooks for herself and when we take her shopping she insists on going off by herself and getting what she wants.
Lives with my Sister in Law and Brother and their family.

We don't know what make or year the bike is since Mother doesn't remember but the photo was taken in 1928 in Birmingham England and the bike was older.

Steve.

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
So that's why biking's so deep in your blood, eh? :)

Cool to see old photo's like that. I can only imagine the amplitude of cool'age for you by "15 years later that's my Mom and my Fighter Pilot/Sub hunter uncle" :D

Give a Happy Birthday from all of us for her 100th, and tell her stick around to beat that chinese record :p

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Steve,
That was just too cool. What a great story. Give your mom a big hug from all of us here. Thanks for sharing, my friend.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Mom really enjoyed your best wishes. I printed it out and showed her and she asked me to thank you all. She was very pleased.

My Uncle was in the Mounted Cavalry in the Canadian Army. He took part in the last Cavalry charge in the army that was staged when they disbanded . This was complete with lances.

He said he signed up for a transfer to the air force since he had a private pilots licence.

Steve.