Back up your files...

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Occasionally a Hard Drive will crash, I'm sure that most do or everyone should have a back up of important files. Here is a program that will keep a copy of everything you want to save. I go so much as have a file of ALL programs that are on my computer. I keep the setup .exe file there. Think about all those files you have and trying to remember them. Drop box will have them.

Another thing about Dropbox is that you can get to any file you put in Dropbox, anywhere in the world that you have internet access. Other then my operating system, I back up my whole computer file systems there.

Best of all it's FREE

Take a look and see if it's for you.
http://db.tt/u6yG5iS

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I like my backup to be here with me. Just seems more secure than to have them floating out there in cyberland.
I use a Seagate 3TB/TO external hardrive. It automatically backs up and tells me when I'm safe. It also scans for any malware and/or suspicious downloads.
It will not hold programs however but I keep all my installation CDs, just in case.

Good topic Al.
If you've ever had a hard drive crash you know what a pain it can be; sort of like loosing your wallet and checkbook.
Tom

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
I like my backup to be here with me. Just seems more secure than to have them floating out there in cyberland.
I use a Seagate 3TB/TO external hardrive. It automatically backs up and tells me when I'm safe. It also scans for any malware and/or suspicious downloads.
It will not hold programs however but I keep all my installation CDs, just in case.

Good topic Al.
If you've ever had a hard drive crash you know what a pain it can be; sort of like loosing your wallet and checkbook.
Tom
Me too. I got one of these.

Walmart.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive, Black: Computers

2 TB for $99 ? Wow ! :)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I don't put critical files on there, but for those that don't have a back up storage place, this is good. It's better then nothing...believe me after I lost my HD years ago. There were programs I couldn't even remember till I wanted to use them. And it don't get any better either.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
yeah, i use a 3.5" 500gb 7200rpm lappy internal hd. I put it in a external enclosure. My desktop has a 1tb 7200rpm. Alot of external hd's that are sold in stores, are made crappy. Lots are doa when u buy them. Others, u have to use mmc to get them to be noticed on comps. Everything is made in china now, they make billons off us americans. Nothing from there lasts worth a flip. If i need external storage, and lots of it, i buy a notebook hd, and buy a external enclosure. They are way more reliable. Never had a hd fail on me. i have one from a gateway 2000, it only has 8.4gb, and a 4gb off my brothers old linux comp. Still clickin', i use them as external storage. These old small hd's act as flash drives. just bulkier. You can't drop these without noticing. lol