which style engine mount

GoldenMotor.com

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
I'm bought à Schwinn26-inch Claremont beach cruiser.I have FBM two stroke.if I mount to the down post from the seat tube first there is too much space between front MTG.block and down tube?must I buy the rubber blocks as in the fnb vibration mount or just fab some wood?I have the universal wider adapter with the kit and definitely can make that work but I will have a inch or 2 of space in between engine mount pad and down tube. that just dont look right or solid enough

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
No rubber! And no wood. The engine needs to be mounted solid to the frame. Metal to metal and secure.

Cruiser frames typically require a custome front mount because of the curve and/or size of the downtube.

Here is an old thread, but a good one that discusses engine mounting and the different ways you can accomplish it correctly. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=6427&highlight=oversized+tubing+solved

Do some reading here about rubber in the engine mounts. It doesn't work.

Tom

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
it looks to me as if I have to take the stock chain guard off in order for the motor to lower down a little bit more to touch the tubing.I put the plate and the smaller nuts into the front housing and have the wider you boltfor the bottom.do the Chinese movie Motors generally 1 being mounted very close to the crank sprocket that's all I've got for now thanks for any other help